Single speeds

M

MikeM

Anybody here ride single speed mt bikes? Probably not since you guys have actual mountains. Anyway, its a real good workout cuz you have to keep moving relatively fast all the time.

al415

Banned
I'm sorry... I had to dig this up :D. Two things, I think I had already been bitten by the SS bug in 2004. The other, about our "real mountains" here in NJ. I guess to a Long Islander our hills seem like mountains. When I visited CO in November I got nauseuos just thinking about ridding SS on some of the high desert hills I hiked: Nevermind the actual mountains I ended up on.

No I don't expect the OP to be paying attention. I just got a kick out of seeing the title during a search.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, he's a bit inactive:

Last Activity: 07-27-2009 07:51 PM

RNG1

I'm pretty impressed with your ability to pull out a memory of a post like that from so long ago. It's actually a little scary.

al415

Banned
I'm pretty impressed with your ability to pull out a memory of a post like that from so long ago. It's actually a little scary.

That's not how I found it... I was noodling around in the archives looking for something else. The post gave me a laugh... I probably should have just left it under the pile of dust where I found it.

BiknBen

I still remember my first MTBNJ post. It had something to to with the Mt Washington hill climb.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
The day MikeM started this thread, the forum had seven members total.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mike's userId is 22, which means he was #22 to sign up. I know some stuff has been cleaned up over the past, but not sure why. I think some of the old school peeps are gone.

Here is Ben's first post:
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12220#post12220

You can see the start of the Fred & Ben Bromance then. We're coming up on 3 years. I find it interesting that Ben's first post was on his birthday. Why do I know Ben's birthday? I really don't know.

Top Bottom