Simsbury CT

roc

My son has a lacrosse tournament in CT this weekend. Does anybody know if there is a decent trail system near this area? He’s playing at Westminster school. I would like to get a mountain bike ride in, but if there is nothing around, I’ll just bring the road bike.
something not crazy, I’ll be riding solo. thanks.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Cowles Park or West Hartford Reservoir - both decent, close and on trailforks

roc

@Norm @gmb3

It looks like Cowles is really close to the place I’ll be. Is it technical? Closer to a ringwood or a Lewis morris, as far as techy?
thanks.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Norm @gmb3

It looks like Cowles is really close to the place I’ll be. Is it technical? Closer to a ringwood or a Lewis morris, as far as techy?
thanks.

I don't remember it being very technical but I do remember I crashed on something stupid.

Also it was reasonable close to this place which I enjoyed at the time (note this was pre-COVID where everything blew up):

Little coffee shop that had decent food.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
@Norm @gmb3

thanks.
It has been quite a few years since i rode there. I'm pretty sure it was kinda halfway between Ringwood tech and LewMo but i remember a couple cool optional rock rolls. Watch some youtubes before you go to see for sure.

roc

Thank you, I was just informed “you’re not going to have time between games, you better get your ride in before we leave”. Oh well, I don’t love riding new places in the woods by myself anyway. (I’m not saying I hard it either)

roc

There was severe thunderstorm warning in the area on the way up to Rochester, so I rode here before I left. And there was another one forecasted for my ride home. I did ride in Rochester. Maybe this episode doesn’t suck so bad, but it’s certainly not that exciting. the ride home was some of the worst rain ive ever experienced while driving. I was actually very proud that I got up early enough and got a ride in before my sales call. Sold 2 full containers of Jerry Cans, so while I’m sure that’s not that very exciting to you. I was all jazzed up on the ride home.

Last edited:

kdebello

My son has a lacrosse tournament in CT this weekend. Does anybody know if there is a decent trail system near this area? He’s playing at Westminster school. I would like to get a mountain bike ride in, but if there is nothing around, I’ll just bring the road bike.
something not crazy, I’ll be riding solo. thanks.

You might have been right by us. We had a softball tournament in Windsor. Lots of Lacrosse players at our hotel

Top Bottom