Silly question but...

C

Cthulhu

Is mountain biking allowed on the Ramapo Valley County Reservation?

I know that Ramapo Mountain State Park does but not quite sure about the reservation.

Hoping to get out some time this week/weekend for my first ride as long as the weather holds up.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Is mountain biking allowed on the Ramapo Valley County Reservation?

I know that Ramapo Mountain State Park does but not quite sure about the reservation.

Hoping to get out some time this week/weekend for my first ride as long as the weather holds up.

Don't know the answer to that question, but I know your Alias's reference. HP Lovecraft!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
As far as I know, NO bikes allowed on Ramapo Valley Reservation and there are a bunch of hikers on that side.
Stick to Ramapo Mtn State Park (Skyline drive)

C

Cthulhu

As far as I know, NO bikes allowed on Ramapo Valley Reservation and there are a bunch of hikers on that side.
Stick to Ramapo Mtn State Park (Skyline drive)

Thanks for the info; I tried looking for info online and I just wanted to make sure

Good call on the reference Joe. I was teaching my ex how to play the intro from "Call of Ktulu" and she happened to ask what the heck a Ktulu was, which was how I learned about Lovercraft. :D

What would you guys consider absolute necessities to take on the trail? Toolwise and any other odds and ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

walter

Fourth Party
What would you guys consider absolute necessities to take on the trail? Toolwise and any other odds and ends.

The basics that "most" would carry.

spare tube and/or patch kit
small pump or a CO2 cartridge
multi tool
tire levers
some duct tape maybe
maybe some snacks
cell phone
water in a bottle or camelback
money maybe
extra chain links

This is all depending on how far you plan on riding, how many bail out points you have, if your loop is going to take you past your car at all, how long you will be riding for, etc.

Some people carry different things, but these probably top the list.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
cool song...
The inspiration:
The idea of the song "The Call Of Ktulu" is based upon H.P. Lovecraft's sole book "The Shadow over Innsmouth" which was first introduced to the rest of the band by Cliff Burton. The spark of beeing fascinated by the book began quickly spreading over the rest of the band. The song's name was taken from one of H.P. Lovecraft's main story featuring Cthulhu "The Call of Cthulhu" which has been written in 1928 for the magazine "Weird Tales". The name "Ktulu" is originally written "Cthulhu" by H.P. Lovecraft.

Bring a pump, a tube, and a multi-tool + water & food.

MNicolosi

i generally always bring some extra clothing, especially this time of year.... but you want to be able to shed layers if you're super hot too, so a camelbak with a bit of storage is a plus....

walter

Fourth Party
I learned about Cthulhu from a death metal band from Red Bank, NJ in the early 90's. They had an entire song about him, and being the punk kid I was, wondered who this Cthulhu guy was.

mwlikesbikes

well, Everything I need to know I've learned from Maiden :getsome::getsome:

HOLY CRAP!!! That was hillarious and educational! And true! \m/ \m/ Whoever said metal destroys your brain is full of it. Dare i tell you how i got into Stephen King books through Anthrax 20 years ago.
He didn't even get into seventh son. You just made my night El Guac-O. :eek:

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Get rid of Sponge Bob...

... and use this as your avatar. If you could modify the guy to be on a bike, it would be perfect for you. :)

277553691_3e20c9d8ba.jpg

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i generally always bring some extra clothing, especially this time of year.... but you want to be able to shed layers if you're super hot too, so a camelbak with a bit of storage is a plus....

for those of us who don't like to wear backpacks while riding, you can alternatively carry a plastic shopping bag and two @ 6-10" pieces of twine. extra clothes/removed layers can be placed in the plastic bag, wrapped up, and tied to the handlebar(underneath it). it works really, really well. i've been carrying clothes like this for a little while now and you barely even know they're there.

Top Bottom