Sidi or Specialized Shoes;

M

Mtnbikechick

Go with the Sidis!

I have a pair of Specialized and they tend to rub my ankle where I have a plate and screws... OUCH! They're cut high and I find them uncomfortable. Sidi's fit like a glove! I have a pair of Diadora's that are really comfortable as well... if you're looking for a more economical shoe. You can't go wrong with the Sidi's though... it's a 'high quality item..." ;)

Mare

Mare45 why Sidi?

I go away from the computer and when I come back, you have tons of answers now. :) Pretty much because they are awesome shoes. They last and I have gotten a lot of positive feedback on them over the years. I honestly haven't invested in a pair yet, but my next shoes hopefully will be Sidi.

Mare

I have a pair of Specialized and they tend to rub my ankle where I have a plate and screws... OUCH! They're cut high and I find them uncomfortable. Sidi's fit like a glove! I have a pair of Diadora's that are really comfortable as well... if you're looking for a more economical shoe. You can't go wrong with the Sidi's though... it's a 'high quality item..." ;)

So what you are saying is without a plate and screws, the Specialized are good? Oh I just had to! :)

I have Diadora's too right now - they were inexpensive and have lasted me a long time thus far. I also have Specialized for the road - I also love them. Ok, so maybe I am not the person to ask for advice since I love all my shoes. But like I said, I want my next pair to be Sidi. That has to count for something!

THATmanMANNY

i have specialized tahoes and the soles are ripped and peeling :(

dude aren't they your only pair and I KNOW you put like a zillion miles on them biking and walking and on trail maintenances which is a good thing cause you probably get out more than most of us ;)

you need to at least upgrade them to the comp model then we're talking :rolleyes: I shoulda picked up the pro model at veloswap for $120. I am hopeful to find them again at the next swap

G

Greenman

Mcim29, if you can spare the extra money go with the Sidi Dom 5 you will have a great pair of shoes that will last you many a season. If you cant then the Bullet will be fine. Goto a bike shop and try on the different sizes. Thats the only way you are going to be certain, and make sure to have the proper socks with you (winter/summer) when you go.

I ride mostly in Ringwood, Waya, and Mahlon, if you know these areas they are heavly rocked, and my Sidi's have held up for many years without fail. No issues with quality with the mountain shoe.

Maurice

+1 on Sidi.

I have tried Specialized and they've lasted 6 months at best. 2 pairs a season...

Sidi Dom5: like slippers, used one pair for 2 seasons now and they're still going. Can't say strong, they're starting to look like crap, the cloth at the ankle is worn through in places. But well worth the $$ considering the abuse they took.

Get the spikes, might need to trim them down a bit or they'll make you trip. Without spikes it's a bit iffy in mud or rocks sometimes.

lmckee

I've found that sidi shoes are incredibly uncomfortable for my foot type (big,wide, and flatfooted). Fwiw I really like the adidas shoes I have now. As far as I'm concerned if you already have the sidi road shoe and like them it would seem like a no brainer to get another pair and stick with what works.

mtnbiker5

Sidi

Go with the Sidi's without a doubt. I've had a pair of Dominators for years and swear by them. I had a pair of Specialized which the sole came off. Sidi's are just quality all around. Specialized is just another item made in China.

jimjo

I have a wide foot and the Sidi is the most comfortable bike shoe I have ever tried on my feet.

ditto that

size wise, (as a soccer player and climber ) i sized mine tight... now my not so roomy shoes will not fit thicker socks inthe winter = COLD FEET

Sidi - spend the bucks you wont regret it

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
This might have been mentioned but SIDI took a huge hit on the pricing for 09.

The Dom 5 went from $239 to $299 in one year.

As much as I love SIDI shoes the pricing is getting out of hand.

mcim29

Just ordered leftover 08 Sidi Dominator 6 online, what a deal got them for $250. Man I'm
psyched can't wait till they come in.

jimjo

This might have been mentioned but SIDI took a huge hit on the pricing for 09.

The Dom 5 went from $239 to $299 in one year.

As much as I love SIDI shoes the pricing is getting out of hand.

yeah but you get what you pay for. IVE had my sidis going on 7 years now as my only pair of MTB shoes

mcim29

Hello All,

I received my 08 Sidi Dom-6, and what an awesome and comfortable shoe. I just wanted to thank everyone for giving your experiences and thoughts on which shoes to choose. Most of you talked me into originally purchasing Dom-5 but I came across a great deal from Sage Cycles (TX) on-line and couldn't pass it up. They actually went for less then the Dom-5 because they were the last pair and got and extra 15% off.

Thanks again,

M...;)

Top Bottom