Sidi or Specialized Shoes;

mcim29

Hello,

I'm torn between two pairs of MTB shoes, 1) Sidi Bullet 2 which are on sale for $109 & 2) 09 Specialized Expert with Carbon Sole $175 which no one carries in stock, so never got to try them on for comfort. I have Sidi Road shoes and are very comfortable but I heard using sidi mtb shoes they wear very easy. Does anyone have any good insight on any of these shoes?

Thanks,

M...:hmmm:

sasquatch2

I've had my specialized shoes (not the carbon tho!) for 5 years and I love the fit and no-hassle warranty, if they cr@p out just bring them to a bike shop that sells the brand and they give you a new pair on the spot!

good luck!

Sasquatch

Hello,

I'm torn between two pairs of MTB shoes, 1) Sidi Bullet 2 which are on sale for $109 & 2) 09 Specialized Expert with Carbon Sole $175 which no one carries in stock, so never got to try them on for comfort. I have Sidi Road shoes and are very comfortable but I heard using sidi mtb shoes they wear very easy. Does anyone have any good insight on any of these shoes?

Thanks,

M...:hmmm:

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Here we go again ...
Specialized should NOT even be in the same paragraph as Sidi!
Sidi's are slippers with cleats

RC ... :p

ps: The new yellow Mavic MTB shoes are worth taking a look

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Don't buy a thing without trying them on. Forget about how they look or what they cost. Try on a lot of shoes and make a educated decision about the investment. Getting a great price on a poor fit is no deal.

Get on one of these and pay very close attention to width:

http://www.brannock.com/

I have a strong Bias to Sidi but I have gone over to the heat moldable Shimano shoes with great luck.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
The "microwave" shoes fit me quite well. I had the M300's for quite some time, but last season they ripped at the toe.

Now I'm using the Specialzied BG Pro shoes and they feel just as good. I also have the S-Work road shoes and they are AMAZING. Very, very stiff shoe. The Pearl Izumi Octane's are stiffer, but are very uncomfortable.

I perfer Specialized shoes.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hello,

I'm torn between two pairs of MTB shoes, 1) Sidi Bullet 2 which are on sale for $109 & 2) 09 Specialized Expert with Carbon Sole $175 which no one carries in stock, so never got to try them on for comfort.

We have both in stock if you want a side-to-side comparison. And for shoes, it doesn't matter which brand is better or worse, but which shoe fits you correctly. For example, I have a billion dollar pair of Nike road shoes that my foot would go numb in after about 2 hours. I played with cleat position forever, no help. I bought a pair of Specialized Pro MTB shoes for cross and they fit like a glove and my feet never go numb. I've since started using them for MTB and am planning on getting the road version if I ever get a road bike. Stop by. We'll make sure you get what will work best for your feet!!

-Jim.

beachwoodbikes

Shop: Beachwood Bikes
Shop Keep
Shoes

Fit is first and foremost, so try first and try for at least ten minutes in the store.. Some of the fancy italian shoes look great and are made with incredible quality however, the attention to ergonomics and proper foot alignment can be less than adequate with some. The biggest mistake would be to go too small thinking that they will stretch. Also keep in mind that your feet will swell a small amount while cycling and this should be considered carefully when choosing shoes. I ride the Specialized Pro MTN and S-Works Road and could not be happier. These shoes are incredibly comfortable, roomy in the toe-box and very well thought out when it comes to anatomical features.

Top Bottom