Sick

Shaggz

A strong 7
I have been in a bad way since Monday evening. The flu has taken down everyone in our house, with the exception of cupcake, and i got it the worst. i guess the road ride on Sunday didn't help matters.

Anyway, the copay on the fawking medication (tamiflu and a heavy-duty AB) was $50 A PIECE (no generics available). Still waiting on the results of the chest x-ray. These late-season illnesses are brutal...

D

DANSPANK

Do you have a Flexible Spending Plan at work? Where you contribute pre-tax dollars to an account that you can draw uncovered medical expenses from?

I don't get ill because I'm titanium but it helps pay for contact lenses, specs, vitamins, lense solution, and $50 co-pays.

Unfortunately I think you can only start one when you select you health coverage at the end of the year for the following year.

Shaggz

A strong 7
nope - we are a small group, and we need to revisit the whole insurance issue soon. i used to have a great bennies package when i worked for the hospital, complete with flexible health savings and transit reimbursement.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Feel better Steve...

I've been lucky so far this year; my whole family has been plowed multiple times with flu, stomach viruses, etc...I've escaped most of it so far (knock on wood!).

I'd like to blame the flu shot I got last fall (my first), but I think I've just been lucky so far...

Get well soon!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I thought I caught whatever virus my wife & kid had, 'cause when I came home from the ride on Tues I had a sore throat, at first I thought my wife put a jinx on me 'cause I went riding :p, I took some medicine and I am fine now, ready to ride again! I can sell you some good antibiotics, I get a big supply everytime I go south to visit my folks :D

ArmyOfNone

Feel better! Im still working on getting over a cold/throat infection from a few weeks ago. I still have this lingering cough and a bit of gick coming up. Nasty

Nimrod

My Goal this year = not to get sick

You taking Supplements? Exercising regularly you should be.
Your burning a lot more juice, a “One a Day” multi-vitamin is not enough to provide your body with what it needs.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i am absolutely blown away at how well the medication is working. most of the major symptoms are gone in less than 24 hours. however, i just had my 4th sleepless night. if i lay on my back i go into coughing fits due to the congestion in my chest. hopefully this will improve over the next or two.

i normally get the flu shot, and was kicking myself for not doing so the year. i don't feel too bad since it would not prevent the strain that is going around this year.

el z - let me know when you are going south again, i'll put my rx orders in ;)

Nimrod

i am absolutely blown away at how well the medication is working. most of the major symptoms are gone in less than 24 hours. however, i just had my 4th sleepless night. if i lay on my back i go into coughing fits due to the congestion in my chest. hopefully this will improve over the next or two.

i normally get the flu shot, and was kicking myself for not doing so the year. i don't feel too bad since it would not prevent the strain that is going around this year.

el z - let me know when you are going south again, i'll put my rx orders in ;)

Glad your feeling better. With me, if I don't ride, i don't sleep, sick or not

SpartaBard

get better soon

I got knocked on my ass wed by some 24hr GI bug. I was puking more than I have since college...

When you guys feel better, you have to come over and meet Logan.

Shaggz

A strong 7
brad, i was just saying to meghan that someone in our family has been sick since she took the kids to florida . our calendar is full of red xs from all of the plans we've had to cancel over the past month or so. at this rate, we'll see you guys when logan is getting ready to enter kindergarten :rolleyes:

update: two more medications, on to the fun stuff, steroids and codeine...

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I got knocked on my ass wed by some 24hr GI bug. I was puking more than I have since college...

When you guys feel better, you have to come over and meet Logan.

Yeah, that plowed my family this week too; my wife is just getting over it. And so far, I'm okay...

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
i tend to shun medicines if I can, but my wife dragged me to get a flu shot and i missed out on the jan flu/cold thing I usually get. guess it was that flu shot? or maybe I've just picked my nose and rubbed my eyes a whole lot less this year, than last year. ;)

oh boy... yeah. medical insurance is brutal. its gone up and up every year here, not sure where that runaway train ends but I think in tears. we're going to have to increase co-pays or have people pay in at some point but for now, we have a solid plan.

i don't know what the solution is for this, but i foresee government-run health care in our future simply because its going to be the only "perceived solution" to this mess and an easy sell to most. (whether this cure is worse than the sickness is another debate!).

p.s. feel better man... oh, and I dont think exercise is always a bad thing when sick. i find it somethings helps.

Top Bottom