shop around westfield/road bike

T

tyng

Looking for a shop around Westfield, well-equipped, knowledgeable, and friendly. I know there is Jay's Cycle and Cranford Bike, anyone have any experience with them?

Also, I know this is a MTB forum, but I want to get an entry-level road bike. Know of any NJ road bike forums? Any suggestions? I am leaning towards a Giant OCR-3. Anyone have a used one lying around?

walter

Fourth Party
Also, I know this is a MTB forum, but I want to get an entry-level road bike. Know of any NJ road bike forums? Any suggestions? I am leaning towards a Giant OCR-3. Anyone have a used one lying around?

Actually, look under the Tour de NJ threads. Most of us have road bikes as well. The roadie talk isnt really frowned upon and is quite possibly the best way to improve your MTB skills. Legs and lung wise, I mean.

Also, look in the Marketplace here, I think someone has a Specialized Allez for sale for a great price.

MTB Aussie

Looking for a shop around Westfield, well-equipped, knowledgeable, and friendly. I know there is Jay's Cycle and Cranford Bike, anyone have any experience with them?

I know the guys in Jay's and they do a good job. They are not as MTB oriented as I would like with a lot of shop road rides (I tag along sometimes busting a lung trying to keep up). Jay is looking to expand the MTB side of the business and become a Specialized SWorks dealer for MTB. They already cover the SWorks for the road. They rebuilt a friends Specialized Epic suspension and did a great job. They also cut the steerer and mounted the headset on my current bike (the only part I didn't do). Tell them Tim the Aussie sent you and they should hook you up.

Top Bottom