Ships Log: Fat Aircraft carrier war games

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So after coming home, we quicky showed and then drove to highland to have dinner with my HS friend Mindy and her family....Sadly I didnt take any pictures, but we had a great time. This year makes 30 years that Mindy and I have been friends and its awesome that I can show up at her house after a year and its like no time had past.

On monday we planned to hit Alta.....however, 6er only had the base ikon pass which covers snowbird. Well my wife hates snowbird...and if you have ever been, you can probably understand why. There is great terrain at both snowbird and alta, but there is almost 0 beginner friendly terrain at snowbird. So my plan was to ski with the family at alta, then eventually ski over to snowbird and ski with 6er for a while.

It has been snowing all night and when we got there, it was still DUMPING snow....cant see much but this was going to be awesome.
1708023867082.png

1708024131183.png

1708024070973.png

Spent the morning with the family, then explored around a bit....I tried to go meet up with 6er but the lift to get me back to alta was closed due to high winds, so I was kinda stuck for the day. @Chris26er who like me is a HUGE Better off dead fan.....was stoked to go hit the K12 (aka Great Scott) at snowbird. I was a little bummed I couldnt join him for that one. While he was doing that, I hit the collins lift where I met a crew from BC. They invited me to join them and im glad I did. We headed out on the high traverse so find some fresh snow and it wasnt too hard.....even on this powder day, the place was a ghost town.

I made this video with my insta360....and whoops, I added some music that youtube said no too....well fuck them, you can watch it from my google account
https://photos.app.goo.gl/uYP9ccXwrqyJgH6R8

Couple notes on this....I have been traversing in utah for a long time now.....but as someone who is very afraid of heights, I have never gotten used to it....its just one of those things you have to do to get to the good stuff, so I do it and try to manage my fear as best I can....but while I wont think twice about skiing this hill im looking down....for some reason I have an irrational fear of falling down it, go figure
1708024991533.png

if you are not familiar with what traversing is.....its simply following these narrow paths high on the edge of the mountain to get out to the far regions...generally something you never have to do on an east coast mountain....since they build lifts to every inch of the place...because the snow is already shit, so who cares how fast it gets tracked out. Usually longer/more difficult traverses are met with better snow at the end.
1708025211731.png

Eventually we got to the top of the ridge where we are now on the spine between both sides....and I really dislike this part lol. But im with this crew, so whatever....and in my head...I know I can ski all of this stuff....but it gives me this vertigo feeling.....so the little orange sign you see me pass....well the other guys didnt read it, but I did....it said "traverse ends, cliff area".....this is usually where you find GREAT snow...so it lures you in, then you are ontop of a cliff....Thankfully, the dude up front found a way thru as I was never much of a cliff jumper....This was properly steep, but beats walking back up the hill anyway. I like to think of this as technical skiing, not unlike riding Fugawe with @JimN finding lines and ways around things.....so fun!
1708025931612.png

Anyway, after getting out of this, we headed around to the front side of the mountain and hit the hourglass chute, one of Altas famous sections.....snow was just awesome....I mean perfect....its just so fun...making big turns on something really steep in the fresh snow...holy shit is it tiring. Did a few runs with these guys, then back with the family for a few more.....god what an AMAZING day.

Later that night we went to my stepmothers for dinner... @Chris26er got to meet my some of my stepfamily...and now he probably understands why im all messed up lol.

One really cool thing my step mother had found was this hat.....She thought it was my dad's...."Landing Gulf" was his gas station @iman29 you probably have driven past it on landing road in roxbury across from the old train station....I think its mostly tore down now. Anyway....This was not my dad's hat...I recognized immediately...This was my 1985 little league baseball cap....my dad sponsored the team, thus it was named landing gulf.

1708026582504.png

one more day and the best is yet to come

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The final day!

So this time, @Chris26er said fuck it and just bought the ticket for Alta.....it had snowed all night and we opened the place at like 9am....the snow at alta...my god...its like when you lay on the $12,000 mattress at the store and think...I have never felt this comfortable....im floating on air....Anyway...after a few runs with the family, my son needed fuel, so sixer and I hit the supreme lift and check out the Spiny chutes.

This is not a great edit, I just did it quickly with my phone...I truly love skiing out west with 6er....he's a great skier, totally fearless, and we love the same stuff. Best of all, while my fear of heights makes me cautious around cliffs....6er doesnt give a shit.. So he's a fabulous point man....He goes first...WHOOPS IM ON A CLIFF! Meantime im still high enough to get myself around.....Im guessing if we lived in Utah we would probably die after a few weeks. Well he might die, I would just be up above him going "SIXER ARE YOU DEAD???" One of these days I need @Wrong Way Dan to join us.

Goddam that snow was amazing....we made our way around the mountain, eventually over to the wildcat side....not sure why my head is more shaky in this one...I only just got this insta360 so im still figuring it out....im thinking the selfie stick might have been hitting my helmet

The other awesome thing on this day was skiing some black diamonds with Bob....I always figured bob would never be able to be as good of a skier as me.....I started at the same age, but literally ALL I ever did was ski in my youth....However, I can remember being 9 years old at Alta and I wouldnt do the things he is doing now. More importantly, im happy that he likes it.....And huge shot out to my wife, who has really worked hard to learn how to ski...its not easy when you are in your 40s....She is great about letting me hit a few fun runs and dealing with bob when hes being a pain.
1708028155217.png

We had like 5 min at alta when it stopped snowing
1708028202591.png

I have to say....as much as I LOVE snowbird...I kinda left Alta thinking.....this might be the greatest place I have ever skied.....The snow is just unbelievable. The terrain might be a little less scary than snowbird in some spots, but I think you could call it a wash overall....The vibe at alta is the best....people are there to ski and thats about it. Not much else on the mountain...there is really good beginner and intermediate stuff at alta which makes my wife happy...mean time, pretty much everything at snowbird is either steep or a cat path....my wife hates this. I mean I love both of them...maybe recency bias is making me give the nod to Alta....but if you are a skier and you havent been to Alta, get off your ass.

Anyway, that was a wrap....7 straight days of skiing...so proud of my wife and bob for hanging in there all day everyday......My ankle felt great and by the end of the week, I felt like my old self on skis again. God I actually lived in Park City and moved back to NJ...what a fucking idiot.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went to Switzerland!

I still can't believe I made this trip....very big thank you to @2Julianas who was the one that really made this happen....I mean I have always wanted to go to Europe, but like...where to go? whats its like? how to plan it? I would sit and think about it and then go....fuck it, lets ski alta again. Anyway, Alex did pretty much all of the planning...from planes to trains to air bnbs and food....if im honest, I can't really think of a single I planned....maybe a little here and there navigating the ski areas. I think one day I planned to eat eggs in the morning, but I ended up having yogurt and musli instead.

So what do I know about Switzerland? Well good cheese, great watches and coo coo clocks, lots of money...and as an engineer...Im very familiar with the term "like a swiss train"....as in something that works properly. In 1970, my mom took a trip to Switzerland with some coworkers, saw a bunch of the sights....she brought home this little pendant necklace with the matterhorn on it. When I was a kid I found it in her jewelry box and asked her if I could wear it.....so I used to have this little necklace of the matterhorn....all I could remember was her telling me that you could go next to it, but not on it.....So I grew up thinking you werent allowed to climb the matterhorn....I mean this is my mom, this is not her area of expertise. But I always thought the matterhorn was so cool looking...never thought I would get to see it.

This trip would only be the 4 of us....my first adult vacation in a very long time....well ok, ill leave out my yearly gypsy trips across vermont with the crew...

Anyway, so after driving to Alex/Marks house...we headed to JFK for the overnight flight to Zurich. Alex doesnt fuck around on the plane...she comes fully prepared for the apocalypse
1710172625594.png

The plane ride was uneventful, I slept for maybe an hour or so....the most exciting part being the landing....I was in the middle section, so I couldnt see too well...but we were in the clouds....I heard the landing gear go down......so i knew we were close....kept looking and looking out the window...all clouds, could see nothing...than BAM we were on the runway. Well ok then, we are in Zurich.

Got our bags, thru customs, then into the airport to wait for our train....goddam the Zurich airport is nice....There was a full on supermarket in the airport. We got down to the platform and waited for our train....So this is a ski trip and we have alot of shit to haul around...ski/snowboard carriers, bags, etc. I noticed...there is no place to put bags on the train....I mean this little tiny area about the sice of the trunk of your car...for a train car that can hold like 100 people. So ok, we just had to stack it up in the entry way and have people climbing over it to get to their seats. Ok, this is odd....However, the train itself....at 120mph...you could have layed on the floor an assembled a house of cards, it was that smooth and quiet. Amazing, im used to the NY subway system which is like riding inside of a washing machine thats broken and smells like pee.

Poor @MurderBort is holding his snowboard bag here...finally we said fuck it and just left everything in a pile in the entry way
1710173528731.png

3 hrs on this train that ended in Visp after going thru a 21 mile long tunnel which was pretty wild. From there I did the farmer carry run from hell with my 50lbs duffel bag and 50lb ski carrier across 2 platforms to make the Glacier express train to zermatt.

This train was so cool....snaked its way on the edge of cliffs thru the valley to Zermatt....up some steep hills.
1710173731984.png

it was a cog railway, and going up steep hills in a train felt pretty weird
1710173785781.png

the views on this ride were really stunning I must say

1710173904398.png

After an hour or so we arrived in zermatt.......there was a line for taxis that we waited in....im trying to make out the address for our air bnb, meantime the taxi driver is talking and moving full on NYC warp speed but in German. This is where @2Julianas whipped out her super power and started rattling off where we needed to go in German.....The people in line behind us were from PA and I said "see thats why we brought her" guy replied..."Dam...do you rent her out?"

JFC the taxis are as nutty as NYC or maybe even India...I thought we were going to mow down at least 4 people and a few bikers for good measure. We finally got to our Chalet, unpacked at little then walked into down to the supermarket. never had these chips before, but Alex hooked us up and they are money

1710174559568.png

from there we just to find dinner, but in Switzerland...either you have a reservation, or, well your fucked. After trying a few places we found a restaurant that did Pizza take out. Pretty good and after many hours of traveling, I was very happy to pass out....it was a hell of a first day.

Last edited:

iman29

I went to Switzerland!

I still can't believe I made this trip....very big thank you to @2Julianas who was the one that really made this happen....I mean I have always wanted to go to Europe, but like...where to go? whats its like? how to plan it? I would sit and think about it and then go....fuck it, lets ski alta again. Anyway, Alex did pretty much all of the planning...from planes to trains to air bnbs and food....if im honest, I can't really think of a single I planned....maybe a little here and there navigating the ski areas. I think one day I planned to eat eggs in the morning, but I ended up having yogurt and musli instead.

So what do I know about Switzerland? Well good cheese, great watches and coo coo clocks, lots of money...and as an engineer...Im very familiar with the term "like a swiss train"....as in something that works properly. In 1970, my mom took a trip to Switzerland with some coworkers, saw a bunch of the sights....she brought home this little pendant necklace with the matterhorn on it. When I was a kid I found it in her jewelry box and asked her if I could wear it.....so I used to have this little necklace of the matterhorn....all I could remember was her telling me that you could go next to it, but not on it.....So I grew up thinking you werent allowed to climb the matterhorn....I mean this is my mom, this is not her area of expertise. But I always thought the matterhorn was so cool looking...never thought I would get to see it.

This trip would only be the 4 of us....my first adult vacation in a very long time....well ok, ill leave out my yearly gypsy trips across vermont with the crew...

Anyway, so after driving to Alex/Marks house...we headed to JFK for the overnight flight to Zurich. Alex doesnt fuck around on the plane...she comes fully prepared for the apocalypse
View attachment 234073

The plane ride was uneventful, I slept for maybe an hour or so....the most exciting part being the landing....I was in the middle section, so I couldnt see too well...but we were in the clouds....I heard the landing gear go down......so i knew we were close....kept looking and looking out the window...all clouds, could see nothing...than BAM we were on the runway. Well ok then, we are in Zurich.

Got our bags, thru customs, then into the airport to wait for our train....goddam the Zurich airport is nice....There was a full on supermarket in the airport. We got down to the platform and waited for our train....So this is a ski trip and we have alot of shit to haul around...ski/snowboard carriers, bags, etc. I noticed...there is no place to put bags on the train....I mean this little tiny area about the sice of the trunk of your car...for a train car that can hold like 100 people. So ok, we just had to stack it up in the entry way and have people climbing over it to get to their seats. Ok, this is odd....However, the train itself....at 120mph...you could have layed on the floor an assembled a house of cards, it was that smooth and quiet. Amazing, im used to the NY subway system which is like riding inside of a washing machine thats broken and smells like pee.

Poor @MurderBort is holding his snowboard bag here...finally we said fuck it and just left everything in a pile in the entry way
View attachment 234075

3 hrs on this train that ended in Visp after going thru a 21 mile long tunnel which was pretty wild. From there I did the farmer carry run from hell with my 50lbs duffel bag and 50lb ski carrier across 2 platforms to make the Glacier express train to zermatt.

This train was so cool....snaked its way on the edge of cliffs thru the valley to Zermatt....up some steep hills.
View attachment 234076

it was a cog railway, and going up steep hills in a train felt pretty weird
View attachment 234077

the views on this ride were really stunning I must say

View attachment 234078

After an hour or so we arrived in zermatt.......there was a line for taxis that we waited in....im trying to make out the address for our air bnb, meantime the taxi driver is talking and moving full on NYC warp speed but in German. This is where @2Julianas whipped out her super power and started rattling off where we needed to go in German.....The people in line behind us were from PA and I said "see thats why we brought her" guy replied..."Dam...do you rent her out?"

JFC the taxis are as nutty as NYC or maybe even India...I thought we were going to mow down at least 4 people and a few bikers for good measure. We finally got to our Chalet, unpacked at little then walked into down to the supermarket. never had these chips before, but Alex hooked us up and they are money

View attachment 234079

from there we just to find dinner, but in Switzerland...either you have a reservation, or, well your fucked. After trying a few places we found a restaurant that did Pizza take out. Pretty good and after many hours of traveling, I was very happy to pass out....it was a hell of a first day.
i never went skiing in Swizterland (since well I dont ski) but I spent the better part of 3-4 years traveling back and forth for work there back pre covid when traveling was the cool thing you did in Corp america that made you feel important. My first trip to Basel (about 1.5 hours outside of Zurich) in 2006 was the first time I even had a passport. During a time in 2010-2012 I was there at least once a month. I was pretty spoiled traveling back then I was always in Business Class. and I could navigate the Zurich airport and customs like a tour guide I am pretty sure i have it permanently in my memory.

I've spent so many hours on the SBB train you are right its the smoothest you can ever ride at 120+ mph. I once got in trouble on the train because I didnt realize i sat in a designated "quiet" car and I was typing too loud on the laptop.

I do miss the great food and restaurants, even the pizza places which served mostly thin crust were always awesome in Basel or anywhere you might go. looks like it was a great trip.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 2...

So we got up and Alex made us some poached eggs with this amazing bread we got at the supermarket. There was no coffee maker, but there was a Kurig like expresso machine....so with some added hot water I had something like my regular coffee.

It had been snowing for the past 2 days and our first day, it was still snowing....so looking at the map, we planned to start on the sunnegga side (far left side) and try to start figuring this place out. You can look at maps all day, but figuring out how to navigate is another matter
1710178236352.png

Well we got on the bus in town and didnt realize it but we went right past the stop for the Sunnegga Funicular and ended up at the train station....this would be the first of several happy accidents thru out the week....So at the train station is also the starting point for the Gornegrat bahn...or the train up to the Gornegrat which is in the middle of the Zermatt area at ~10,000 ft. This is where as a skier, Switzerland starts to bend your mind.....Like in Zermatt, you are low in a valley, totally surrounded by EXTREMELY steep mountains in every direction....how the fuck is a train getting out of here? I mean the cog railway thru the valley was a bit uphill, but not ski hill uphill.
Oh but it does...right up the mountain...I stole this from the internets
1710179438939.png

So we hopped on the train...which is on our Ikon passes....And hey, when you used to sitting on a lift...outside in a heavy snowstorm trying not to freeze your ass off....A comfortable heated train car was pretty sweet.

1710179491866.png

After we got out we skied down to the next lift and started lapping it and checking out the area.....We saw this open bowl that was fairly untracked, so @2Julianas and I decided to check it out.....I have been skiing a LONG time...seeing a fucking train when im about to hit some powder in a bowl at 10,000ft....that was a sight.

Visibility was not good the first day, we never could see the matterhorn...but the snow was excellent! If this was utah, that bowl would have been tracked out in 90 seconds....In Switzerland, people are far more likely not to venture off piste
1710179918642.png

At one point we decided to make a run down down the Riflelap to the lower gondola station....in Zermatt terms, this was only like 3500ft of elevation, but holy hell, I mean this takes a while. These runs are LONG. You pass restaurants, hotels, a ski shop, I mean its really wild. The only bad part was Alex getting stuck at the bottom of that bowl on 1 lap and she lost one of her poles....but more importantly, she was able to get herself out...which is harder than it sounds when the snow is like 10ft deep. So that was a good end to this day, we deicded, lets head for home.....Which in the US....Ok, the final run down....maybe 10 min and you at the car....um, not here. Back to Zermatt, and this was the shorter way...about 6 miles! Pretty hard to do that any where in the USA....I could remember listening to people crow about the great eastern at killington which is like 3.5 miles. On the way down I pass a guy standing on the side with ski patrol with his arm in a sling...The sled (or as my dad used to call it "The hearse") was there so I assumed he hurt himself and was maybe meeting up with a snowmobile to get down the hill.....Then as we are stopped for a second....this happens

They actually did a hot landing and picked this guy up off the mountain for his arm being in a sling....I have never seen anything like that before. Few times I have ever seen choppers at ski hills in the states, usually the people were either dead or close to it.

After skiing we hit up a bar for some "kinda" Apres....as in we went home and changed first...you are supposed to show up in your ski gear, but fuck walking around in ski boots all night. I wore my name tag...I love that my wife buys me this shit lol
1710180972682.png

We also finally got our first glimpse of the Matterhorn....and when you see it, my god it is far and away the most striking mountain I have ever seen.....its like wow, thats really here, its not a picture or a painting.
1710181540521.png

From there Alex got us reservations at a Swiss restaurant that I can't remember the name of...Very old building, really cool looking inside. I decided to order some meat fondue....Which I didnt fully understand how this operation works. Im thinking its meat and you dip it in cheese? Well no...you get the raw meat, they give you a pot of boiling oil and you work the fryolator....Then a whole bunch of different sauces.
1710181229436.png

1710181288043.png

First day in the books, it was a success outside of Alex needing a new set of poles.....

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 3

Woke up, looked out the window and saw this....
1710293081247.png

Holy shit...I think this might be what is in the briefcase in the movie "Pulp Fiction".....Sitting and drinking my morning coffee with this view was pretty spectacular.

So THIS time we were actually going to try and make it to the Sunegga side of the mountain....So after breakfast, we hopped on the bus for a short ride to the Sunnegga funicular....This one doesnt look like your regular funicular....this is more like an underground, uphill subway...
1710293613417.png

.it was a little packed on this morning
1710293433669.png

This thing hauls ass up the mountain at 25mph and bring you up 2000ft in a couple of minutes.....its pretty wild. Stepping outside we got our first clear view of the area
1710294668789.png

I mean in terms of views i have seen while skiing, this was really jaw on the floor kinda stuff......It also was the first time it really hit me how utter fucking MASSIVE this place is. ill try to give the picture a little scale....
1710294973785.png

The red line is where the matterhorn express gondola is....hard to zoom in enough to make it out....The circle at the end is the Trockner Steg station at 9500 ft...not the top, there is another tram after that which goes to 12,700....but according to google, where that circle is....its 7 MILES from where I am standing to take this picture. And there is ski area in between where I am standing and the red line....then behind the matterhorn is the italian portion known as Cervinia. Vail and Park city are big places....7000+ acres....this place makes them seem like my backyard.

We spent a little time staring at this view....then started checking out the terrain in this side....It had snowed overnight and the conditions were excellent! they had just opened up the "Obere National" black diamond run and it had few tracks in it yet...so we sent allison the easy way around and hit the powder....

Like if this was in the west, this would be totally tracked out in 60 seconds

off to the side of the "piste" was this huge area.....very few tracks....at first I had assumed it wasnt open....then I realized...oh, people just arent skiing it. I think I hit it, then convinced @2Julianas and @MurderBort join me for the next one
God what a view this was....way down you can see a cloud layer....ill get to that later...
1710332800713.png

I made this with my insta 360.....I have to say, I really like this camera and the editing software is really excellent.

So this was an awesome start to the day.....we did some laps of this area, then went to see if we could get across the mountain to "the middle" ill call is.....This required us skiing down and into the aforementioned clouds....holy crap
1710334797097.png

One of the trails to get across was closed so we decided to head back up to sunnegga and ski back into down.....near the bottom alex took this video which gives you a sense of lower 1000ft or so of this place as you get back to town and are now skiing into the houses and such....

We then stopped at Cervo, which is this fancy resort near the end of the run.....had some drinks and truffles fries in the warm sun
1710335107304.png

Then we decided to make a run on the other side of the mountain nearer to the matterhorn....so for this we hopped on the bus for a short ride to the matterhorn express gondola....It is possible to ski to it, but not in 1 run and the trail that takes you across wasnt open...not sure why exactly, but whatever.

So we got on the matterhorn express gondola....Funny you get on this one in town and you can't at ALL see even where it goes.....In all there are 5 different stations it goes thru....Just for a comparison....The skyship gondola at Killington...the one that starts out in the parking lot...that goes about 1.5 miles and up about 2500 ft.....This one goes for almost 5 miles and up 4300ft....and there is still another tram after this that goes 2500ft more ft up......Its like watching those videos of Shaq picking people up like they are little GI joe figures.

When we finally reached the end of this gondola, you are at the "Trockner Steg" at 9600' which is a huge, flat is area near the matterhorn....Several lifts converge here, more restaurants, etc....Looking at the map im like....whoa...this is going to be a LONG run back into town.
So this is not like regular skiing....where ok, the views are a nice bonus...Utah and colorado mountains are beautiful....but im usually more focused on the skiing.....This was more like being on a hike in Zion, overwhelmed with these stunning views...but you were on skis rather than foot.

1710337150006.png

1710337194193.png

To be continued.....

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So from where we started, this is where we had to go to get back.....Zermatt was that far away lol
1710337412181.png

So the run down was something like 6+ miles...between the ride up and down....we skied from about 2:30 until almost 5pm....Granted my wife is not the fastest skier yet, but some of these intermediate runs are as steep as any east coast double black diamond, so I was SO proud of my wife for hanging in there and not getting rattled by anything we took her down
1710338102355.png

Absolutely awesome day! Really got a sense of what skiing in Europe was like on this day....It is really a different experience!

We went home, showered, then Alex got us reservations at some place I forgot the name of......Whatever it was...it was in town on the Bahnhofstrasse
and we were having cheese fondue...sounds good to me.
1710338501856.png

I have never had cheese fondue that I can recall.....wow, this was truly amazing....Alex ordered us FOUR of these pots...which was probably like 3 times what we needed, but you can never have too cheese in my opinion...
we mopped up all 4 pots using every piece of bread, meat, potato we could find......then finally at the bottom you get to the crust....not THAT was like a religious experience!
1710338671295.png

Went home in a cheese coma and to bed

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Awesome stuff Utah, but why @MurderBot only got one ski and no poles?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 4....

On this day @2Julianas suggested we hike....It was really cloudy and while I'm always down to ski more, seemed like it would be interesting. So we took our time getting ready, then walked into town.....First time was a shop so allison and I could by spikes for our shoes.....Then we started off the hike with a scenic tour thru old zermatt....
1710426338752.png

Then we headed up the mountain on this trail above Zermatt.....the spikes were money here....you can see the train line in the distance that takes you to the Gornegrat
1710426508317.png

Something about hiking in Switzerland....you just feel like that little cartoon character from the price is right....Like I needed to be yodeling while carrying a pick axe
1710430185483.png

1710426784675.png

eventually we went over a bridge...thankfully it was an actual bridge and not like some of the super sketchy temple of doom bridges that also exist around zermatt
1710426951666.png

So after 6 miles of hiking in the snow we made it to the stafelalp....which is this beautiful restaurant that is technically on the ski hill. The food at this place was ridiculously good....
1710427132362.png

Alex, Mark and Allison were drinking this hikers tea....not sure what was in it, some kind of alcohol....I thought it tasted god awful, but they seemed to like it
1710430235843.png

After our tea and some fries we put our spikes back on and talked the ~6 miles back.....one short bit we hopped on the gondola down for.....but that was probably the longest hike I have ever done, I think anyway.

From there we went back to the supermarket....one of the different/interesting things in all swiss food store that I saw....holy hell....do you like cold cuts? Maybe the way you make a sandwich in Switzerland is rather then bread, you use meat...so its meat, with meat inside?

Then we went home and watched a German CSI show.....German to me is not like Spanish where I can figure out like every 4th or 5th word and kinda get a since of what is happening....German makes no sense to me at all...but thankfully we had Alex sitting with us for live translations.

Top Bottom