Shimano Sphere MTB shoes. Latest model is junk.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I bought another pair of these over the winter. My previous set lasted 4 years of tons of abuse. The third ride in on these and one of the rear knobs ripped completely off and another is about to rip off. They are made with such cheap shit quality. Literally the 3rd ride in them.
DA289F88-CB63-43BD-8277-7C9D0F7DA1DF.jpeg
54208A26-D85C-4F92-8D37-4CBACF8BE19A.jpeg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went through 2 pairs of sphyre shoes in 2 years. For $400, that’s not enough. But I like Shimano fit, so I just got the XC7s. I can’t tell a difference when I’m riding.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I went through 2 pairs of sphyre shoes in 2 years. For $400, that’s not enough. But I like Shimano fit, so I just got the XC7s. I can’t tell a difference when I’m riding.
The quality just went to shit. My older spheres have done miles and miles of hike a bike you can imagine. These are just crap quality.

Bikeworks

I love PI, but my experience with them on the MTB side of things is mostly flats. My road shoes are amazing. Up until recently, I think Shimano was an owner, but I don't think there was much in the way of product overlap. Also, PI warranty is practically bulletproof. Give them a shot

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I love PI, but my experience with them on the MTB side of things is mostly flats. My road shoes are amazing. Up until recently, I think Shimano was an owner, but I don't think there was much in the way of product overlap. Also, PI warranty is practically bulletproof. Give them a shot
I'll probably go back to Sidi Tigers where everything is replaceable and high quality leather.

Top Bottom