shimano snow shoes?

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
inefficent?

the tripod turn was deemed inefficient last winter by a guy who does both mtb & 23 C cylcing

the pro wasn't a golfer but an expert/pro mtb that received several hi end mtb's from sponsors, he was riding a freebie sweet giant carbon wonder

We figured if everyone in the group was doing it, we couldnt get banned from the group or road cycling.
agreed

xc62701

these will also work great for sprint tri's when the time you loose in t1 & t2 aren't worth the advantages of the changing shoes

You should tell that to the fast guys since they change shoes - it might make them faster... :rolleyes: please...

dualfisted

ok so

I like Turtles.

It was at this point that I went from mouth agape not knowing what to think of this thread, to flat out laughing hysterically, with tears falling. I still keep bursting out laughing from nowhere from this thread!!! Man, u cats sure do whip out the fangs and the claws.
I'm jus gonna go on record with saying lose the "plastic guards" on the pedals (they'll only collect leaves and ice), and keep yer pedals and cleats lubed up. Then jus do the pedal kick or tap a tree to clear the cleat before trying to clip in.
BTW- It's been some time now, and I don't like to talk about it, but, I too was banned from group road rides for using tripod turns. Turning in my spandex hurt A LOT!!! I'll never ride road again!!!!!
PS- I think squirells are neato!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
We figured if everyone in the group was doing it, we couldnt get banned from the group or road cycling.

This is an advanced technique ladies and gents, so PLEASE do not try this at home.

Well, that's good to know. I thought you dogs were approaching a fire hydrant.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
tripod turns and winter cycling: problems part deux

Drag your foot so you make sparks with your cleats. This is the tough guy skill that got me banned from road riding.
don't do this w/booties on

coming into serious winter mtb, i realized that i wrecked my heavy duty booties by using the illicit tripod turn.

last winter, the 23 C cycling 'niter rides' went up to campgaw, then we would hang a right, to get a little more climbing in before heading back. (i distinctly recall the leader scorning me that the tripod turn was inffiecint in gaining momemtun on the next climb

oddly enough, while right turns are considered safer then left turns, in the u.s. due to the flow of traffic, my balance feels better/stronger turning to the left, that being said it's easy for me to tripiod turn to the left than right

I'm jus gonna go on record with saying lose the "plastic guards" on the pedals (they'll only collect leaves and ice), and keep yer pedals and cleats lubed up. Then jus do the pedal kick or tap a tree to clear the cleat before trying to clip in.
for me, the plastic guards were my first spd pedal, and have had them on one bike or another for over 1 year

lubricant on pedals and cleats has sorely been overlooked, as i have written about and read about chain lubricants til turning blue in the face

can i use the same stuff on the pedal/cleat that i put on the chain? (pedro's, tri- flow, rost-off, extra virgin olive-oil?)

still i am getting the grease and pedal ratchet ready, as i have a 20 spot for those bmx pedals

i think the plastic strip pedals go out 23 C cycling bike 2, that found a new home on the trainer

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
That's beautiful, simply beautiful.
I laughed so hard I nearly... well... never mind.

And the the new name sent me into further hysterics.

What a lovely way to brighten an otherwise gloomy, overcast, rideless day.
Youz guyz are the bestest!
:D

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
What a lovely way to brighten an otherwise gloomy, overcast, rideless day.

I read everything written and pretend Borat is saying it. Try it. It'll add that special "Je ne sai quoi".

-Jim.

PS-I rode today, it's not nearly as bad as it looks out:D

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I should have gone riding, since it's raining in my house right now. :cry: The !#!*#! plumbing ghost is at work again.

al415

Banned
Golly. I just read this entire thread...

...and I'm sad now, because I know I'll never get that time back.

Now for an attempt at a helpful contribution:
In winter I wear trail running sneakers / hiking shoes and use flat pedals on my MTB. My feet stay toasty and dry. I never slip during muddy / icy dismounts and I can ride with more "abandon" on slow dicey sections.

Not sure if my 15 year old Pumas are UCI approved, or suitable for tri-pod turning.

Top Bottom