Shimano peasants rejoice, may the time have come? Update, SRAM just lowered the bar!

serviceguy

"Lowering the bar" is usually referring to making something worse.

It can mean "lowering the bar of entry", but it usually doesn't, colloquially.
Ok, I'll play. My understanding of 'lowering the bar' is that is not necessarily a negative expression as in 'making something worse', what I meant is that SRAM is making it easier (cheaper) for peasants to get AXS. Hence my 'not understanding' my own double-entendre, simply because there wasn't really any. Not sure this actually qualifies as a new product from SRAM as they just 'adapted' AXS technology to their lower level group.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
AXS on old bikes is dope AF.

Is my bike considered old? I really can’t convince myself I need a new frame.

12FFFF67-3E1A-4CCA-A914-584D4372E80D.jpeg

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Rival AXS is suppose to be 12 speed. What about the people who JUST got on. 11 speed!? Does anyone think of us?!

serviceguy

Rival AXS is suppose to be 12 speed. What about the people who JUST got on. 11 speed!? Does anyone think of us?!
I do. I've only got one 12 speed, 2 El Mariachis with a total of 12 speed between the 2 of them, 1 Mukluk with 11 speed and a K2 Proflex with 8 speed.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.

If and when Shimano drops their new groupsets, nothing will be 11-speed. And nothing over 105 will use cables ever again. This is the now.

Top Bottom