Shimano M-300 Shoe

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Review:

Mega Mega stiff shoe that has a true zero void fit.

Carbon sole and all synthetic upper.

The shoe is heated to 100+ degrees in a special oven and then vacuum sealed around your foot.

The looks are a bit flashy but the fit is truly perfect.

The shoe can be remolded a few times if needed.

The insole is also heat molded to your foot.

A mechanical ratchet and 2 velcro closures hold the shoe on. You can run the closures noticeable looser since a the shoe is basically a casting of your foot.

The M-300 comes in 1/2 sizes and a second wider width.

A road version called the R-300 is even flasher for the road weenies in all of us.

I have had tried the ultra top end shoes from Sidi,Lake,Answer,Adidas and Carnac. These are just better.

Con:$$ $350. This falls into WTF! territory but they might just be worth it.

Shimano Says:
Thermo-form upper - Moldable upper forms to foot for a Custom-Fit
Thermo-form insole with antibacterial treatment - Moldable insole forms to foot for a precise fit.
Carbon fiber mid-sole transfers your energy straight to the pedals, and allows compliance and grip for hike sections
Micro-adjust buckle and dual offset straps - Securely holds foot and allows subtle adjustments. Offset straps prevent pressure points to instep.

A you tube vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axkt5Vu-c0

Attachments

• m300 shoe.jpg
    m300 shoe.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 14

jdog

Shop Keep
Interesting concept. Is the "baking" done right in the bike shop?

Yep. We have a special convection oven that evenly heats the shoes. They also provided a pump that sucks all the air out of a bag that the shoe sits in.

Crazy stuff.

j

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saw you on the lake today kissing your brain.

Man talk about cross-association.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok it says in the video you have 30 seconds to do the vacuum thing but it takes the promo guy 45 seconds to get it all done and the pump going.

What does it all mean Basil?

J-Dro

With all this talk about Kitchenaid mixers and now ovens in bike shops, I think a free brownie with every tune-up is in the cards. :D

jdog

Shop Keep
Ok it says in the video you have 30 seconds to do the vacuum thing but it takes the promo guy 45 seconds to get it all done and the pump going.

What does it all mean Basil?

It means that you need to hustle for sure. The shoe is like warm clay when you put it on. You really have a while but it will mold th most when it is ultra hot.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
real men don't eat quiche or wear plaid.

you wanna tell that to these fellas?

Scottish%20Heavies_jpg.jpg

Tossing%20The%20Caber%2007_jpg.jpg

Birnam%20Highland%20Games%20015_jpg.jpg

hammerthrow.jpg

D

DANSPANK

HEY! You girls in those pictures - you're all NANCIES. YOu WANT SOME? COME ON THEN!!!
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................... I still here and feel fine right now. Did I get away with it?

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Hockey skates get the heat fit thing also. My hockey nut friend says they mold perfectly to your foot and feel awsome. I keep holding off because I broke the buckle on three pairs of Sidi Dominators (luckily warrentied). I gave up and went with a three strap shimano shoe and no more problems. So now I tend to shy away from buckles and that seems to be what most of the higher end shoes have.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
I ordered a very similar shoe to the M-300, which is the M-225s. I look at it as the same shoe, minus the whole heat treated thing.

They came in today, which means pictures tomorrow :)

Top Bottom