Shenandoah 100

xc62701

Who's in? I'll be there. It's the last race in my quest to finish 4 of the 100 milers. It's supposed to be a really fun race with some super sweet singletrack and some really fun extended climbs.

If you're thinking about doing it, sign up by 6 pm tonight to save 20 bucks. Only 4 weeks till the race!!!

Pokgirl

Spork
You know Chris will be in there, sharing your pain! I may or may not tag along (debating on whether to race the challenging 909 race on Aug 31).

Congrats on your great Darkhorse finish after Wilderness!

xc62701

You know Chris will be in there, sharing your pain! I may or may not tag along (debating on whether to race the challenging 909 race on Aug 31).

Congrats on your great Darkhorse finish after Wilderness!

Sweet! Yea we were talking about maybe working together on this next one to help ease the pain. You should be coming along! It's supposed to be a great time! I wouldn't doubt you'd want to do the 909 though. If you haven't done the 909 before, if it's the same course that they use for the night race it'll be a blast!

D

dzm3

Working together

If you can find someone who's well matched to you speed and endurance-wise, definitely do a tag team, it really helps to get thru these, and improves your overall performance. At times you're bound to feel a little low and loose focus/pace, treading who is pulling and motivatin' is a good strategy.

Just talk it over before start and make sure that there will be no hard feelings if one person "feels the legs" and doesn't feel obligated to kill his/her chances and hold back to staty together.

That's what i did with my buddy last year at SM100, it worked like a charm. Then at Mohican I was holding him back and eventually he went on ahead by himself. But at W101, we traded the spots and after about 60-70 miles together we split.

dz

maddawg

I'm in!
George and I will be down there flying the Darkhorse Colors.
we will be heading down saturday am and camping. we should try to hook up a little ny/nj camp area!

Kmoodymz3

I'm in and so is my husband, John. This will be my 3rd and John's 4th SM100. It is a great weekend.

S

seabass

Yep, we'll be there too, very much looking forward to it.
Can I pick your brain for some course info, how does the course compare with the 101, would you advise faster sneakers?
Cheers

xc62701

Hey man. I'll let you know more by the end of the week. I'm leaving in a couple of minutes to go ride sections of the course the next 3 days. I'll give a full report when I come home. I'd be prepared for more singletrack. I've heard it's 50-50 as opposed to w101's 30-70 mix.

DanBrodeen

2012 sm100

I'm heading down Saturday for my second go at the SM100. Anyone else registered? I'm driving down solo so I have a spot available. I plan on leaving around noon Sat. and coming home early Monday morning. PM me if interested I saving some dough on gas.
Dan

6thElement

Thread necro!

Just got back, had a great weekend. Nasty conditions with the thunderstorms turning the trails to streams and then peanut butter. My ability to shift my rear derailleur stopped at about mile 25, relegating me to dingle-speed, front shifting only. Clearly I should have actually done maintenance after using my bike as a boat at the Hampshire 100 two weekends ago :D

Bettered my previous PB at this race, could have been a lot better with working rear shifting and weather.

That's my 4 NUE's done for the season :cool:

Top Bottom