Shark River TM 4/4

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
is anyone going to this I got a card in the mail they seem to be cutting a new trail..
I would assume you will need the training class for this?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
is anyone going to this I got a card in the mail they seem to be cutting a new trail..
I would assume you will need the training class for this?

Everyone who participates in TM in the MCPS has to complete the "class room " training. You only have to do the class 1 time and your good to go.
Mike since you did the March class with Brian your on the volunteers list, thats why you got the card in the mail.
If anyone else is interested in TM in Monmouth Co there is another class session on 5/16. Getting in this training allows you to participate in the TM scheduled for Hartshorne on 5/30. Don't miss out! Brian has a good group of guys doing the training.:)

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Great TM we cut a new trail which I was the first to ride,I must say this park is truly a hikers paradise.
I was able to ride a bunch of the higher trails.for my first time there as I am still in one piece I think it all went well :)

starflyr

hey where is the new trail you cut in shark river? i live in belmar and go to shark river once a week, i should say i just started riding last summer. i was there two weeks ago and i didnt notice any thing new. (not that i looked!) and i also was wondering how to sign up for the tm class? or where is information available?

thanks

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
went there tonight with Nick_head and Schmitty the new trail is still there but if you do not know where it is you won't find it :(
after all the work the trail itself still lives but the entrance is overgrown.
alright get on the fit trail go to your right pedal up the gravel hill and stay straight don't follow the fit trail to the left stay straight on the service road when you get to the trail that peals off to the left that is where the start of the new trail is when you go left towards the gravel trail stay to the left thru the weeds and you will find the trail.
as you ride it please try to clear the entrance you will know it by the falling tree at the entrance end :(
going to hit it Thursday night we were able to get over 5 miles with no problem.

Last edited:

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Evening ride anyone?

Looking to ride here one night after work ~6PM. I work down the street and have hiked there a few times on lunch but would like to ride it.
anyone interested in meeting up?
Any night but Thursdays work for me as I have a weekly ride I do on that night.
The weather looks bad this week but maybe next week.
It would be nice to get some insight from a local how to ride this park.
Do you usually park off Schoolhouse rd or Gully?

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
when I ride this park I park in the main lot off schoolhouse road.
the only thing about this park for me anyway is just about everytime I ride it I end up with a flat from thorns.
you would be better of hoping down the road to allaire or up to 6 mile.
we are riding Allarie tonight if you are interested 18:00 hospital road lot.

Top Bottom