Serviceguy's angst...or how I cope with life by cobbling bikes (not a thread about pizza).

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was totally joking. I just eyeball one side centered and make sure the other side is also about the same. Some brands center the entire logo and not just the brand name, so sometimes they're off a bit.

serviceguy

So that OCD millennia cyclists don't need to seek a safe space when they are triggered by a misaligned tire/valve ?

Martin and Neil said mine are fine (well, they trusted my word for it, you can't really see them in the picture). Sorry, just showing off...

DirtShedShowSuperNice.JPG

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
to reference a puncture in the tube to the tire, completely useless when going tubeless.
Secondary reason, yes.
but in the days when tires were changed during a race, it was to help identify where the valve was to assist in faster changes.

serviceguy

Back to blogging, serviceguy style...

I am very frustrated with myself at the moment, I keep setting the alarm at 5:30 a.m. so I can squeeze 1 hour of stationary bike in before going to work, but then snooze it without even realizing it and before I know it's already 6:30 a.m. and time to get showered, get dressed and go to work. Then I am back at 7:30 p.m. when it's not 8:00 p.m. and I am absolutely exhausted. I haven't had the energy to go in the garage and tune the derailleur on Elma which would be otherwise trail worthy already, nor do my hour on the stationary bike...well, I did yesterday so I maybe able to get some momentum there. One thong I know for sure is that I may have to build a Salsa Timberjack to get over the frustation...after allI already have a set of boost wheels and no boost frame to use them on. I think it makes sense...

The unexpected trip to Italy did not help with my weight loss either, the impossible hours at the hospital and a diet based mostly on lots of bread, cured meat and cheese mostly for the sake of not having time to cook nor to sit down and have a proper meal. While I managed to make it to the very end of December at the 204 lbs, I returned home a portly 215...hopefully on setting 'normality' and the return to my bland exercise practice will get me back on the right track.

I was pleased at my performance during the Deer Park Group Ride, not that I didn't have to walk a couple of bits but it was mostly do to slippage of the rear tire (surely excessive power to the wheel) and lack of technique in resuming pedaling on a steep climb (another one of the skills I lack, same as bunny hopping and rear wheel lifting). Looking forward to the next group ride...

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
5:50 a.m. so I can squeeze 1 hour of stationary bike in before going to work, but then snooze it without even realizing it and before I know it's already 6:30 a.m. and time to get showered

i know time math isn't like regular math but wouldn't this leave you time for a 20 minute bike?

could sleep in oos jersey and chamois so no overhead in the morning ;)

don't ask yourself for an hour if you only have 20-30. start there. get back in the habit, it is self-rewarding, thus that little voice might turn it into 45 minutes soon enough.

the hardest part of any task is usually starting it.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i know time math isn't like regular math but wouldn't this leave you time for a 20 minute bike?

could sleep in oos jersey and chamois so no overhead in the morning ;)

don't ask yourself for an hour if you only have 20-30. start there. get back in the habit, it is self-rewarding, thus that little voice might turn it into 45 minutes soon enough.

the hardest part of any task is usually starting it.
If you have DVR, you can watch 60 minutes in 40. Same concept.

Top Bottom