Serviceguy's angst...or how I cope with life by cobbling bikes (not a thread about pizza).

serviceguy

Pearl would never run a cockpit like that, ever.
What is wrong with it? Just the dropper cable housing falling out of place, that all. I ran out of the spiral thingy (don't know its name) and I really wanted to ride the bike regardless...I'll fix it for you and post pictures, sheesh!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
What is wrong with it? Just the dropper cable housing falling out of place, that all. I ran out of the spiral thingy (don't know its name) and I really wanted to ride the bike regardless...I'll fix it for you and post pictures, sheesh!
Nothing, other than @Patrick making the comparison.

But...positive rise stem and all those spacers ;)

serviceguy

Nothing, other than @Patrick making the comparison.

But...positive rise stem and all those spacers ;)

Uhmm, sensing damage control here since you specifically mentioned the cockpit...@Patrick compared the bikes, not the riders (as I said @Pearl is much younger than me and I never trained or raced anything on a bike, so any comparison would be just humiliating for me).

I had the stem from a previous project that never saw the light, I am itching to get a more neutral stem but trying to contain the damage at the same time. The bike actually feel quite comfortable the way it is setup now, but I am basically testing the configuration before taking a saw to the steering tube.

mtbiker87

Props for the positive rise stem. Unless your XC racing maybe, who the hell is comfortable and confident trail riding with their stem set up so low they're licking thier front tire?

serviceguy

Woke up at 4:00 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep, rode the stationary bike for an hour instead. Same on Tuesday...I maybe able to do this thing called riding outside before going to work if I can manage to keep this going and sunrise comes along...

TimBay

Not even close. And I'm not even sure Italian pizza compares to the original pizza made in Napoli. I know a good place for pizza in Nutley. I do eat NY/NJ pizza same as I drink american coffee, they're just not the same.
The only European pizza I've had was in france on my honeymoon and it was fantastic. I wonder why you don't find similar out here? Brick oven is a little close, but just not the same. Maybe it's the whole fork and knife business that changes it? Do they fork and knife it in Italy too?

serviceguy

The only European pizza I've had was in france on my honeymoon and it was fantastic. I wonder why you don't find similar out here? Brick oven is a little close, but just not the same. Maybe it's the whole fork and knife business that changes it? Do they fork and knife it in Italy too?

I don't understand, by fork and knife you mean eat like civilized people? Then yes, in Italy we use fork and knife when we eat most food. Some use them for fruit as well, but they're just snobs or they have to do it if they're military officers (last time I checked).

It's the wood fired oven, the flour and I believe the technique to make and lay the dough. The mix of the ingredients and their quality also make the difference (i.e. mozzarella di bufala). I'm sure there's more than a few good pizzeria in NJ.

TimBay

I don't understand, by fork and knife you mean eat like civilized people? Then yes, in Italy we use fork and knife when we eat most food. Some use them for fruit as well, but they're just snobs or they have to do it if they're military officers (last time I checked).

It's the wood fired oven, the flour and I believe the technique to make and lay the dough. The mix of the ingredients and their quality also make the difference (i.e. mozzarella di bufala). I'm sure there's more than a few good pizzeria in NJ.
I rather enjoyed the experience. My dad traveled a lot, so my parents even taught us how to use a fork and knife without switching hands, so yeah, I'm fancy too. But you know American pizza is designed to be held. But it's an entirely different thing.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Not even close. And I'm not even sure Italian pizza compares to the original pizza made in Napoli. I know a good place for pizza in Nutley. I do eat NY/NJ pizza same as I drink american coffee, they're just not the same.
I have been to Italy twice and the pizza is second to none.

however, some of the Neapolitan style pizza that became trendy about 10 years ago is pretty damn close. Nomad in Hopewell, Princeton, Philly and likely elsewhere now, is pretty damn fantastic. The Vault in Bordentown was also pretty closr but they closed down and are in food truck form only now.

both Of those places use wood burning ovens imported from Italy and I know the vault imports there flour from Italy. These places are expensive, personal pie (12”) start at 13 but it is damn good.

rick81721

Lothar
We prefer coal fired pizza places. The best place we have been in the nj/pa area is Pietro's in philly on south street. Lucky for us, there is a group of coal fired places down here (Boca Lupo) and they are opening another 2 miles from our house.

Mr.Moto

In NNJ this is one of the places that tries to replicate Neapolitan style pizza. Ate there a couple of times and really enjoyed it. But that's coming from someone who has not been to Italy for pizza.

Top Bottom