Serviceguy's angst...or how I cope with life by cobbling bikes (not a thread about pizza).

serviceguy

Well, once again thanks everybody for the positive vibes. I'm back to work with only a random, slight cough that still lingers to remind me all about last week. Same for the wife, she may actually have recovered faster than I did, but everybody knows I'm a pansy, so no surprises there!

I even did a rapid antigen test this morning and it shows negative. I'm not even sure if I should take the PCR as there's no requirement for it at work nor anywhere else...

During the weekend I started the rebuild/travel shortening of the Fox 36. AS everything else, I've no idea what type of complicated procedure I thought I was facing...it wasn't so bad so far, but I couldn't finish the stanchions swap because I ordered the wrong size socket a while ago so I found myself short of a 28mm (turns out I don't have a 28mm socket in any of my multiple socket sets) in order to remover the damper from the old CSU.

Pictures will be posted upon completion of the task, including custom decals to match the bronze lettering on the Honzo ST frame (I actually ordered kashima for the main color which seems to be a good match).

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well, once again thanks everybody for the positive vibes. I'm back to work with only a random, slight cough that still lingers to remind me all about last week. Same for the wife, she may actually have recovered faster than I did, but everybody knows I'm a pansy, so no surprises there!

I even did a rapid antigen test this morning and it shows negative. I'm not even sure if I should take the PCR as there's no requirement for it at work nor anywhere else...

During the weekend I started the rebuild/travel shortening of the Fox 36. AS everything else, I've no idea what type of complicated procedure I thought I was facing...it wasn't so bad so far, but I couldn't finish the stanchions swap because I ordered the wrong size socket a while ago so I found myself short of a 28mm (turns out I don't have a 28mm socket in any of my multiple socket sets) in order to remover the damper from the old CSU.

Pictures will be posted upon completion of the task, including custom decals to match the bronze lettering on the Honzo ST frame (I actually ordered kashima for the main color which seems to be a good match).
Good to hear you guys are good. I just finished my 10 days last Wednesday. Felt great since taking the Plaxovid day 1.
Well Saturday I was sick again with the rebound from Plaxovid. Sunday still sick. Today better. I still have not tested negative since day 1so not sure what that means but just be aware it can rebound so don't overdue it right away...

serviceguy

Good to hear you guys are good. I just finished my 10 days last Wednesday. Felt great since taking the Plaxovid day 1.
Well Saturday I was sick again with the rebound from Plaxovid. Sunday still sick. Today better. I still have not tested negative since day 1so not sure what that means but just be aware it can rebound so don't overdue it right away...
I'm surprised they even prescribed you Plaxovid...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
How long are you off the bike? (Dr Rx'd of course)

And status? My Dad said his lens replacement was like a miracle. Hopefully you are experiencing the same after your procedure.

serviceguy

How long are you off the bike? (Dr Rx'd of course)

And status? My Dad said his lens replacement was like a miracle. Hopefully you are experiencing the same after your procedure.
A week before resuming normal activities. I tried to explain that my normal activity may include lifting heavy rocks and riding a MTB on a trail (well, when I do it at least which is not often lately) but he confirmed 1 week.

I'm going to give a full two weeks before resuming riding just to be on the safe side. I won't be making the CR ride. Also looking forward to the 1 month appointment and getting updated prescription glasses (at least for the left eye). And the right eye next year.

As for the status...it is amaze-balls how much betterer the vision is with the new lens, especially because it had gotten to the point that I could not see through the whole inner left pupil. Vision from the left eye in general has improved greatly, including reading (which is a little bit of a surprise honestly, I had the plain lens replacement, not the graduated one), to the point that the right eye is now the problem...it will take the whole week for the eye/lens to settle, I'm still having flashes now and then when in bright light if I don't wear shades.

So not there yet but so far everything is going according to plan, minus a couple of sneezes that is, which was a big concern for my mother since her father, nonno Fernando, sneezed while getting surgery after being whipped by a cow's tail in his eye and lost his vision from that eye as a result of sad sneeze. Thank God for sedatives, while I did not technically sleep during surgery, I can't really tell that I was awake either.

Thanks for asking.

iman29

A week before resuming normal activities. I tried to explain that my normal activity may include lifting heavy rocks and riding a MTB on a trail (well, when I do it at least which is not often lately) but he confirmed 1 week.

I'm going to give a full two weeks before resuming riding just to be on the safe side. I won't be making the CR ride. Also looking forward to the 1 month appointment and getting updated prescription glasses (at least for the left eye). And the right eye next year.

As for the status...it is amaze-balls how much betterer the vision is with the new lens, especially because it had gotten to the point that I could not see through the whole inner left pupil. Vision from the left eye in general has improved greatly, including reading (which is a little bit of a surprise honestly, I had the plain lens replacement, not the graduated one), to the point that the right eye is now the problem...it will take the whole week for the eye/lens to settle, I'm still having flashes now and then when in bright light if I don't wear shades.

So not there yet but so far everything is going according to plan, minus a couple of sneezes that is, which was a big concern for my mother since her father, nonno Fernando, sneezed while getting surgery after being whipped by a cow's tail in his eye and lost his vision from that eye as a result of sad sneeze. Thank God for sedatives, while I did not technically sleep during surgery, I can't really tell that I was awake either.

Thanks for asking.
Glad it went well Leo and you’re in the mend LOOKing forward to SEE you on a rEYEd

🤪 #dadjokesrule

serviceguy

Ironically it costed me an arm and a leg so...I didn't go for the laser option either, that would have added $3000 to the bill as the insurance doesn't cover it. I watched the video about the two different procedures and ai can't really see the benefits of laser Vs scalpel, plus the idea of a computer controlled laser cutting into my eye wasn't really enticing.

serviceguy

It’s been a while…it was long due, so finally yesterday we drove to Columbia, NJ and visited the Lakota Wolf Preserve. Seeing animals behind a fence never really worked for me but in this case it’s the only way these wolves, all born in captivity, get to enjoy as close as possible to the life they were meant to live sharing about 10 acres of NJ woods. My wife loves animal of all sizes and shapes (love that unfortunately seems to be mostly not reciprocated by animals) and wolves are some of her favorites, so we’ve been willing to visit ever since we learned of this place existence. I took a few crappy pictures, I tend to immerse in the experience and forget to document it, even though I had both my phone and camcorder…let’s just say the fence wasn’t much inspiration!

These guys are doing what appears to be a great job, and while not charged with adrenaline or special effects, I truly enjoyed the experience!

https://www.lakotawolf.com/

823DD6AB-4E40-4F0E-AEDF-4ADE6F0F3D15.jpeg

83AC09FB-FA94-4748-985E-4BC7ED9573BA.jpeg
538128E1-0106-45FF-A1A1-6D7C1DF49F41.jpeg

Top Bottom