Send out some healing vibes to Wild Bill

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
EA0D8BF0-8E10-4F90-A454-FDCD70836C6B.jpeg

Shout out @WJF who is healing from the crazy double knee replacement

I had a single knee replacement in December and I couldn’t imagine what a double would be like.

Heal strong Brother BILL

WJF

Thanks everyone! I’m progressing well after one week. Managing pain, swelling and PT. Due to my well conditioned cycling legs, I was able to get the 2 for 1 happy hour special. Without my fitness I would have to go thru this replacement process twice. Looking forward to peddling the high tech performance parts soon.

0D946B57-291B-48F4-A205-8CF9BD2DA134.jpeg
DAA209B5-D6F2-4B6B-B9F2-FA9F2EDA65CE.jpeg

Last edited:

Ian F

I definitely count myself lucky as I seem to have avoided major knee issues into my 50's.

BPaze

So as someone that is looking at getting this done as well in the next 5 or so years, how strong is the knee compared to a healthy knee? Will I be able to go out and start playing soccer again or is it just a lot better than having a bum knee?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
So as someone that is looking at getting this done as well in the next 5 or so years, how strong is the knee compared to a healthy knee? Will I be able to go out and start playing soccer again or is it just a lot better than having a bum knee?
As of today (103 post OP) my fake knee is more stable and strong than my OEM knee. I did experience some muscle loss but I suspect I'll be back to normal muscle mass by ealy 2024.

I didn't play soccer before and I won't now so I can't speak to that use case. I will however snowboard again next winter after few years away. That is a very exciting outcome for me.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
My experience is that the knee will not be as stable as the "good" knee, but very close with proper rehab and strength work. I think you'll be able to play soccer. The issue is longevity. Running is the fastest way to wear down the replacement. Keep that in mind.

WJF

Soccer question is best answered by the orthopaedic surgeon. All I know is after thousands of miles on two shifty knees, the replacements will be good well beyond my remaining pedalling years.

Top Bottom