Seems like it's been a long time...

Thin Diesel

IMG_0018.jpg
...since I got a good fat bike snow ride in. Last winter was pretty mild for snow and snow riding. I think we had only about one respectable storm last season. Supposed to get a few inches overnight. I'll take it - frankly I'm pretty stoked for it. Anyone else going out tomorrow? Got to enjoy the snow before it turns to rain and washes away...

Karate Monkey

Work in the morning, and rain down south, anyways.

I'm starting to think that the surest way to avoid snow is to put on/buy snow tires.

Or buying a snow blower. Etc. etc.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Envy you fat bike owners.
Went outside to check out the snow and its slippery. I would prolly die in my skinnies. Cabin fever for me today :(

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Envy you fat bike owners.
Went outside to check out the snow and its slippery. I would prolly die in my skinnies. Cabin fever for me today :(

You don't need a fat bike to ride in snow. Especially not less than 3 inches. People were riding in snow way before fat bikes were around.

That said, I was just about to head out (on my normal tire sized 29er). Set alarm for 6 am, cooked some pancakes, had a coffee, started getting my gear on....and then I heard a funny sound. I looked at the thermometer and it showed a balmy 23. I looked outside and it looked like it stopped snowing. I slid my deck door open and it's POURING freezing rain.

Ugh, I've ridden in 20 degrees and freezing rain before and it's probably the worst condition to ride in.

I'll just have some more pancakes and another cup of coffee.

gtluke

The Moped
You don't need a fat bike to ride in snow. Especially not less than 3 inches. People were riding in snow way before fat bikes were around.

That said, I was just about to head out (on my normal tire sized 29er). Set alarm for 6 am, cooked some pancakes, had a coffee, started getting my gear on....and then I heard a funny sound. I looked at the thermometer and it showed a balmy 23. I looked outside and it looked like it stopped snowing. I slid my deck door open and it's POURING freezing rain.

Ugh, I've ridden in 20 degrees and freezing rain before and it's probably the worst condition to ride in.

Yeah but if you had a fat bike you wouldn't be such a wimp.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Agreed... I've ridden in the snow last year and it was different but fun. But the snow we are getting now seems more slippery for some reason. Idk... maybe I'm just being a wuss.

Geared up and ready to go. Baby went down for a nap and it switched to rain. :( Coffee will do for now. Plenty of winter to go!

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jelly! Trying to make it out this afternoon but politics may interfere. Was thinking about some Fight Club again this season. ;)

qclabrat

I didn't die either at CR, got soaked though when rain streamed into my boots, need gaiters. Noticed only one set of not fat tires and I could see that they had some trouble in many spots. Yes, you can ride regular tires, Yes, it's more fun on a fat bike.

I followed someone's tracks, on white and red who seemed to have no trouble including the big log pile here, any of you?
WP_20161217_11_08_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20161217_10_36_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20161217_10_41_55_Pro.jpg

driving around for 3hrs also put a thick crust of ice all over

huffster

I just took my fattie for a ride around the neighborhood. Every field, short stretch of woods and even snow covered roads/sidewalks were fun in the snow. I managed to get it in before it turned to rain. I spent the rainy part of the storm doing the driveway afterwards.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do

It's just a fad... don't get a fat caad...nj fat bike series isn't real.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
We hit up Ringwood today. 3-4 inches of fluff. Hit a mix of singletrack and fireroads. This shot was on Pierson's Ridge just before we took White all the way down. The park was all ours today :-0 Hey Rob, that's Blad in the foreground. Did you get my message?

1217161038_zpsrefthxbo.jpg

Top Bottom