See You All In August!

dirty bert

Banned
Well I did it. My guarding angel wasn't with me on Friday(5/30). I had what I think a minor riding mishap that turned ugly.

A friend and I were riding at Chimney Rock, last Friday when I was climbing and lost traction on a root. My fault, i was leaning to far forward, i wasn't balancing my weight. I started to roll backwards and grab to much back brake and I think I catapulted backwards on a very large tree laying below me. Needless to say, I slammed my back into the tree and yelled in extreme pain. I initially though I broke a rib because it hurt to move, talk and breath. After the waves of nausea and wanting to faint passed. I probably did something that I shouldn't have done but got up and walked out of there and drove home and then to the hospital.

I spent 5 days in the hospital and the outcome was I broke 5 vertebrates. I can't ride for till the end of July. Although my injury come have been worse I'm grateful that I'm still walking around and I only have to wear a back brace 24/7 for the possibly the next 6 weeks.

So for all my friends, I ride with, I'll see you in August for my maiden voyage.

Take Care,
Dirty Bert
aka Jim

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Dude,
feel better,hope you will be up and about soon but don't push it....as you said it could have been alot worse..

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You could hang out with Walter now. :D Get well.

dirty bert

Banned
Jim Camel did good!

like camelback - which may protect your back ?

well the camel did protect me, it was where it ended that got banged and bruised and i'm sure I broke. 4 vertebrates on the right side and 1 on the other.

i thought i did something to my kidneys because the first CT scan, shown that i had internal bleeding around the kidneys. It ended up being the fluid from the break.

walter

Fourth Party
i would but i can't drive? Walter are you on painkillers? What do you got?

Im actually on my way back onto the bike after a 6 month hiatus.

My first batch was percocets, the refill batch was Oxycodone. The day after my surgery I held out as long as I could without taking the percs. I made it to about 1 pm then I gave in. A half hour later I was in a much happier place. The percocets didnt make the pain go away, they just made me not care about how much it hurt. As everyone told me, weird stuff.

dirty bert

Banned
Im actually on my way back onto the bike after a 6 month hiatus.

My first batch was percocets, the refill batch was Oxycodone. The day after my surgery I held out as long as I could without taking the percs. I made it to about 1 pm then I gave in. A half hour later I was in a much happier place. The percocets didnt make the pain go away, they just made me not care about how much it hurt. As everyone told me, weird stuff.

i got percocets but they make me sleep for 1/2hr. i only see a slight difference with the pain. Oxycodone, how was that? I had morphine in the hospital but it made me dizzy, then i had this other awesome stuff, i can't remember what it was, but... god... it was awesome! a wave of heat, swept my body, everything disappeared. i was so drugged up Saturday night, my wife disappeared in front of me and re-appeared somewhere else. i think she time traveled.

NJMX835

i got percocets but they make me sleep for 1/2hr. i only see a slight difference with the pain. Oxycodone, how was that? I had morphine in the hospital but it made me dizzy, then i had this other awesome stuff, i can't remember what it was, but... god... it was awesome! a wave of heat, swept my body, everything disappeared. i was so drugged up Saturday night, my wife disappeared in front of me and re-appeared somewhere else. i think she time traveled.

Hope you feel better soon man, that's a hard fall!

Oxycodone is just generic Percocet, just like Hydrocodone is generic Vicodin.

Percocet works better than Vicodin for sure. :D

Be CAREFUL though, don't take them for more than two weeks (less if you can manage) the addiction sneaks right up on you & when you stop, you'll spend a week with what feels like the worst flu you've ever had.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dude sorry to hear that! That sucks!

I've taken both percocet and vicodin, and neither really did much for me. I don't think I had Favre-strength Vicodin but it did make everything in the world not matter much anymore. If life is a series of peaks and valleys, the Vicodin seemed to just remove all the valleys.

Top Bottom