seans training blog:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
the thing is friggen awesome. totally worth the price. the data you see on motion-based isn't anywhere near the amount of data you can examine in your personal files on your computer. max, min and average of everything, on charts that you can compare to get basically ever metric you could want from your ride. i can tell you the grade % at any point along that route with the click of a button.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
yesterday's ride was 12 miles on the road, on my fixed gear, at an easy pace. i rode down the valley then back up, so no major elevation change. never labored breathing, well, i did push myself up one or two of the (really small) hills, but other than that. felt good. nice and relaxed. on my hill loop thursday, there were two logs on each lap, and i bunnyhopped them every time. my shoulders are a little sore from that, but nothing unmanagable.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
todays ride:
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=1591873#

cadence sensor got knocked to the side by a stick, so ignore cadence data. note to self, 34 degrees is too cold to be riding through 2ft deep rivers halfway through a 3 hour ride. my toes punished me for that one. when i went to get into my nice, warm(not hot) shower after the ride, they promptly not only regained feeling, but regained the feeling that they were being smashed by hammers repeatedly throughout the entire shower. it was a fun ride though. i rode three trails that i haven't ridden in a while, all the climbs and the last descent. one of them is unridable, but the rest were a pleasure. it was a nice, easy pace ride.

Last edited:

NJ Jess

why not williams lake

You could have done so many hills and techy stuff at William's Lake today. It started off cold, but boy did we heat up the woods! Get course that rain in the opposite direction than the H2H race earlier this year. PS. I just ordered that Garmin 305 thing,.....sick.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i would have loved too, althogh Kris' mooch/kvsp ride would have been a bit more tempting, but yesterday i was in delaware and maryland. still here this morning actually, but heading to philly this afternoon. i'll post my rides when i get home. i'm not keeping with my training schedule these three days at all. fair hill md singletrack just begs to be hammered.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Schedules are made to be broken - at least according to NJ Transit. Damn trains are never on time.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
alright, nick and chuck have wireless, so here ya go.

sundays ride:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.mb?episodePk.pkValue=1604085

forgot to turn gps on for the first two miles or so. hr actually stayed pretty low. it was getting dark, so the ride stayed short.

today's(monday's) ride:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.mb?episodePk.pkValue=1604086

fun ride. one flat. it was typical stop and go type stuff. i felt absurdly good for the whole ride.

the singletrack in this park is friggen awesome. everything from tight, twisty and fast to tech and lot's of steep.

i think my heart rate is actually pretty low when i ride. i've yet to get it to 180 bpm and my averages seem pretty low. tomorrow i ride wissahickon.

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
today:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=1607583#

+1.5 miles. keep forgetting to hit the damned start button. fun little spin around with the fellas. aaaaand........ i rode a front suspension bike with gears. it felt alot sketchier. i felt like i had less control in the tech stuff, and the movement of the fork over bumps and while hammering just didn't feel right. it's an older bike, without those fancy new valves, so it bobbed quite a bit. it was fun though. chuck was testing out the ss 29er to see if he liked it. he's sold. he's used to fixed gear and cyclocross bikes, so it was a natural thing for him.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
took wednesday off, mainly because it was miserable. but it was probably for the better anyway. tried to ride today, but medical problems and a flat tire got in my way. i worked up a little sweat, but didn't ride more than a few miles. felt fine muscularly, but some of the days stresses, combined with asthma(probably due to the sudden spring like temps and humidity), combined with the flat got me down a little mentally.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
went out exploring today. recreational, slow pace. stopping whenever i felt like it. developed a deep seeded hatred for leaves on the trail. but otherwise had a good time. if it weren't for the gps and the idea of making myself a map of all these trails, i probably would have ended the ride early. legs felt great. stupidly forgot to bring any food, so i was a little hungry for the last hour or so of the ride. ended up walking alot due to the leaves and my inability to ride well in them.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.mb?episodePk.pkValue=1625950

anrothar

entirely thrilled
my tentative 2007 race schedule(based entirely on 2006 dates)

mid april - cohutta 100 tn
mid may - 12 hrs of lodi farm va
early june - mohican 100 oh
mid june - lumberjack 100 mi
mid july - Breckenridge 100 co
late july - wilderness 101 pa
mid august - 24 hrs of great glenn nh
late august - 24 hrs of allamuchy nj
early september - shenandoah 100 va
mid september - churn & burn 24 hrs ct
mid october - all-a-muchy nj
early november - la ruta de los conquistadores costa rica

and a few xc races thrown in there if i feel up to it.

i don't care how excessive it is, so shaddap.

Last edited:

NJ Jess

OOOOh my God,

What a schedule! VERY Impressive. I have done the 24 hours thing and Darkhorse 40, Allamuchy 50km, and epics with A & E, but no 100 milers. You truly are an endurance creature. Keep up the training (I'll be there in spirit,...as long as you keep posting it!) Can hardly wait to get my 305 too!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
when does the 12 o mooch usually happen? if it fits in somewhere i'll use it as a sim, but those listed will probably be the races i'll concentrate more on.

Jess, you're gonna love the 305. it's awesome. i recommend against putting the cadence sensor on your mtb though. i've knocked mine to the side countless times with sticks and rocks already, and cadence varies so much during trail riding that i really don't see it as necessary. on a bike intended for road or trainer use, it would be a nice added feature, which is where my sensor will be moving when i get some more zip ties.

Last edited:
Top Bottom