Seafood Restaurant Reco "down the shore"

D

DANSPANK

Hullo kids,

So, me mam is coming in this week and I wanted to take her, the GF and the dog down the shore for the day. Dogs are allowed on the beach now and the boy swims well so it should be fun. But in the evening I wanted to go to a local restaurant. Here's where you southerners come in; Can you please recomend a nice, rustic seafood place down the shore. I'm not looking for too fancy as we would've been out all day. But a nice, perhaps family owned place that offers great, fresh seafood and is not too far away from me. I don't mind driving an hour or so from Giants Stadium (near where I live).

Thanks gang!

Daniel.

bozizle

???

Danspank where exactly down the shore are you headed? You should be able to find "real" seafood restraunts with the atmosphere your looking for but it depends what part of the Jersey shore you are heading to. Although it's a trip some of my favorite places are in LBI and they have some great overnight rates at bed/breakfast places in the off season along with a great selection of seafood.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Danspank where exactly down the shore are you headed? You should be able to find "real" seafood restraunts with the atmosphere your looking for but it depends what part of the Jersey shore you are heading to.
This could be anywhere from Highlands/Sandy Hook ---> south. I'm no seafood expert, but there are a few places in the Highlands/Sea Bright area that have been around forever. Bahr's in Highlands is one of the first I can think of.

Bozizle used to be around this area back in the day, I believe, so perhaps he can weigh in again.

bozizle

Agreed

Bahrs is a great real seafood type of place....not that far at all. There are a few pricey places along Ocean Ave in the Seabright/Long Branch area.

D

DANSPANK

Thanks for the ideas people! Much appreciated. Me old lady comes in on Thursday so we'll head down on the weekend.

Top Bottom