Sea Otter Apr 17-20

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I've been wanting to hit this race weekend for a couple years now, and it never works out. I'm considering going again this year and am curious if any of the local yokels are interested.

Airfare from Newark to San Fran starts at $300 and airfare from Newark direct to Monterey start at $450, which is nice because the airport looks to be just a couple miles away. Campsites are $60 - 100, and are good for up to 8 people. (There's lodging starting at $100 a room but it's several miles away so I don't think I'm considering that.) I'm not sure yet but it sounds possible to do this without renting a car. A 4-day pass is $30 and food/drink can probably be kept under 50 per person. And you can get Steve Peat to sign your buttcheeks, so a total trip around $500 sounds like a steal.

Anyone who's been in years' past let me know what your experiences are.

seaotterclassic.com

The Kalmyk

Has anyone been here before....Post up some xperiences good or bad....Never really heard much about it and i never do by websites because their intent is to draw more people....

pinkshirtphotos

they changed the weekend this year because past years it rained... and rained ... did i mention it rained? the dh course is considered smooth singletrack, sam hill runs a custom short travel dh bike for the race. many say its fun but many say its not worth a special trip for it. i have considered driving out there and doing some riding across the country but im not sure yet.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Bump. Anyone interested? If you don't know about the race, it's the start of the XC and DH world calendar -- most everyone in both disciplines shows up and hangs out as well as races, from Adam Craig to Greg Minnaar. Also all the manufacturers have booths where you can check out their '08 stuff. You can camp all weekend and watch the road, XC, dual slalom and DH races.

xc62701

I'm gonna be there one of these years. I just missed it this year. It's ending when my spring break starts or else I'd be there. If it was pushed back one weekend I would be there... I hear it's amazing.

Top Bottom