Scratch one Santa Cruz Blur

Look you, (Sirtrashalot) I don't know who you are, but yer flat out wrong. You don't know me, you don't know my case. Period. I was hurt when I was hit and have had ALL the things wrong I stated but I didn't want to say so but now I am.

Last edited:
You led the first ride I ever did at CR back in August, I'm glad to hear you are OK. Everything can be replaced and it's incredibly fortunate to see you will be around to do so and ride another day!

I would expect to see your insurance company pay you for replacement cost, no problem. They will then sue the insurance company of the jackass who hit you to get their money back. You can use the proceeds to build another bike of your choice.

I look forward to seeing you back on the trails again soon, stay well.

-Marc

Last edited:
Look you, (Sirtrashalot) I don't know who you are, but yer flat out wrong. You don't know me, you don't know my case. Period. I was hurt when I was hit and have had ALL the things wrong I stated but I didn't want to say so but now I am.

Your meds failed to establish that you pierced the tort threshold therefore you were barred from recovery for pain & suffering. You said that in different words, not me. You just thought it was because your wife picked the 'crappy insurance'.

I dont care about your 'case'. the only reason I commented was that someone else has had a serious accident, and you were making up bad facts and giving terrible, inaccurate advice out of total ignorance, and steering them wrong.

Its crazy how everybody immeidately thinks sue sue sue. Even T who obviously means well, and mostly on the money on the process, other than the 'sue' part. All that happens is after the homeowners ins. pays for everything, they send a letter, copies of the same receipts they used to determine the amount, and a copy of their check to the other guys insurance, who cuts a check back. No sue sue sue.

I dont tell people how to build rockets, because I dont know squat about it & would make an idiot out of myself if I did. Or, maybe my wife just bought me the crappy rocket fuel that time...... I dont want to argue with you. I simply felt compelled to clarify the erroneous nature of your post. It was kind of you to offer a loaner bike. I have a lot of respect for you for doing that....because everyone is right the important thing here is that the major damage is to stuff, not people!

Last edited:
glad to see you walked away from that horrible accident and we all know the toys can be replaced. i'm just wondering, what if the bike was on a roof rack, would the bike become a projectile?

~db

Yeah...correct Crash...I meant to use the word "settle". You try and recover what you can through insurance, letting them take you out of the process. Your insurance company may have to sue/litigate to get paid in full from the other insurance company if the other company challenges, but you are removed from the process.

If you understand your policy you should be able to recover what you are entitled to under the policy. Your insuror should help you, but you need to be your own advocate making sure you agree. If you feel you deserve more or entitled to more then seek the advice of an attorney and let them tell you.

With that said....let's move on and all be glad our mate Aussie is OK to ride with us another day.

-Marc

Last edited:
Most important is that you are still here....man, imagine if the drunk that hit you rear-ended a smart car with two people in it.
Scary, cuz yesterday I was being driven to my sons soccer game and my wife saw a smart car and said - hey, a smart car! I replied - good thing I wasn't driving one of those.

Back to the airbag for greenman - the Element doesn't detect the passenger in the seat like the subie (I have one of those too), and the passenger bag deployed in this case. I had been questioning why the driver bag didn't deploy but reading sircrashalot's note on airbags perhaps it was best it didn't bust my glasses into my face.

I have attached a couple more thumbnails for folks who were interested in the Element crash performance.

Anyway, I don't want to kill this thread because I appreciate all the comments but:

Should I buy a 29er or a 26er to replace the bike? :rofl::rofl::D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• DSC03215.jpg
    DSC03215.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC03217.jpg
    DSC03217.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 116
Back to the airbag for greenman - the Element doesn't detect the passenger in the seat like the subie (I have one of those too), and the passenger bag deployed in this case. I had been questioning why the driver bag didn't deploy but reading sircrashalot's note on airbags perhaps it was best it didn't bust my glasses into my face.

LoL, sorry reading comprehension isn't that great after cold medicine kicks in.

Your meds failed to establish that you pierced the tort threshold therefore you were barred from recovery for pain & suffering. You said that in different words, not me. You just thought it was because your wife picked the 'crappy insurance'.

I dont care about your 'case'. the only reason I commented was that someone else has had a serious accident, and you were making up bad facts and giving terrible, inaccurate advice out of total ignorance, and steering them wrong.

Its crazy how everybody immeidately thinks sue sue sue. Even T who obviously means well, and mostly on the money on the process, other than the 'sue' part. All that happens is after the homeowners ins. pays for everything, they send a letter, copies of the same receipts they used to determine the amount, and a copy of their check to the other guys insurance, who cuts a check back. No sue sue sue.

I dont tell people how to build rockets, because I dont know squat about it & would make an idiot out of myself if I did. Or, maybe my wife just bought me the crappy rocket fuel that time...... I dont want to argue with you. I simply felt compelled to clarify the erroneous nature of your post. It was kind of you to offer a loaner bike. I have a lot of respect for you for doing that....because everyone is right the important thing here is that the major damage is to stuff, not people!

This has provided family entertainment over here. You'd have to be us to get it lmao. Keep on typing hahahaa

Yea maybe, but what he says is MTB Aussie vehicle looks better all smashed up?

I understand that you're taking issue with XC12345 making jokes about the accident. From his perspective, all he's saying is that the OP's car is/was ugly. I don't think he was really projecting as far as "It's funny that your car got all cracked up."

That sucks hope you have no lingering injuries.

A hitch rack user's worse nightmare. What kind of rack was that (top tube hitch variety is my guess)?

When you get your new vehicle (refreshed 2009 element or saving money with a 2008 blowout or used?) are you going to get the same setup - hitch rack?

I have a spare all mtn bike I was thinking of selling in the Spring (actually I have three -05 Enduro Pro M, 07 RFX M, 08 BLT2 L- just need to sell one). PM me if you are interested in details.

Last edited:
I'm late to the party here Tim, but glad to hear you're okay.

My rush is yours for the taking, if you want it :rofl:

I'm late to the party here Tim, but glad to hear you're okay.

My rush is yours for the taking, if you want it :rofl:
Gee thanks Will, but I think I've been bounced around enough lately :D:D:D:D

Syadasti - I may not get another Element, despite it doing a decent job in the crash. The damage didnt extend into the rear passenger area but it was darn close and the vision of my kid sitting in the back seat during that has me scared. From the bike rack perspective, it was a hitch rack top tube setup. It may have contributed to the rear ending car riding up over the bumper of the car, and I may elect to get a roof rack for the future. I'll see what the insurance gods give me on the bike claim before commiting to another bike but the BLT2 sounds interesting.

Norm - you are right. I am not reading that he thinks it funny my car got pounded, but rather that he was not an Element fan. You either love them or hate them. I loved mine, I think it looked cool in blue and it drove really nice, held a ton of stuff and it didnt matter if you got it dirty (I sold a BMW 540 to get it - the complete opposite vehicle).

Cheers again to all the well wishers and bike offers.

Tim

i just saw this, holy hell! glad you are ok. Gald you are ok but it sure sucks you have to replace the bike now. At least if you didnt like it, you can get something different! damn drunks....

I understand that you're taking issue with XC12345 making jokes about the accident. From his perspective, all he's saying is that the OP's car is/was ugly. I don't think he was really projecting as far as "It's funny that your car got all cracked up."

Thank you Norm. At least someone can see my intentions. I would never wish harm on ANYONE...I don't need that bad karma. On the other hand there are some vehicles that I am not the fondest of - from a styling perspective. Anyone that knows me, knows that I like to bust balls and add some humor where possible. This was merely my attempt...take it as you may...

Norm - you are right. I am not reading that he thinks it funny my car got pounded, but rather that he was not an Element fan. You either love them or hate them. I loved mine, I think it looked cool in blue and it drove really nice, held a ton of stuff and it didnt matter if you got it dirty (I sold a BMW 540 to get it - the complete opposite vehicle).

Cheers again to all the well wishers and bike offers.

Tim

I know what you are talking about with the possibilities with the vehicles. I went from a full on playtoy/dragstrip truck, to my current srt-4, and now wishing I had something more sensibile and versatile like a subaru etc... I'm done with fast and pretty...I want it to take me where ever it can to get to the best trails/adventure.

I'm am really late to the party, but I am so glad you are ok Aussie. That is a really bad crash you went through. It sucks you lost your rig in the whole mess but in the overall out look the bike and truck can be replaced. Just glad to hear you walked away from the wreck and that's all that matters.
Good luck with the insurance comapny cuase I know they can be a pain in the ass. On a lighter note, if you wanted a new rig to ride, now is your oppertunity to get your dream bike on the insurance companies dime.

Back
Top Bottom