Schenectady Cyclocross Report ...

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
After a early morning rain driving up the New York State Thruway looking at the white clouds hovering in the morning mist over the beautiful Catskill Mtns with the leaves just starting to turn their gorgeous fall colors. Tommy and I were headed to Stop # 2 at the NYCyclocross Series. My race was at 9:15 (we arrived at 8:45) I had no time to warm up. The Cat 4 women went off the same time as the Cat 4 men with both fields being combined about 45 riders headed down the start paved road and into the tight left handed turn. Once thru, the riders navigated a tight and twisty grassy section of the 2 mile course. After the previously mentioned section, we went into one of the two single track sections with a stair climb and a fast downhill. The course was mostly grass with a dirt/sand compostion. The course also offered two dismounts, one being a double set and one was a 2 foot diameter tree. I had finished 2nd in the Cat 4 class. Tommy was riding strong in 8th place with 25 other Cat 1-4 Masters when he flatted and had to shoulder his bike back the the pit area and grab his spare bike and rejion the race. The early morning rain had made for very humid conditions. The promotors had put together a super race on an awesome course.

Thanks for reading,

RC ... :)

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
cool race report

congrats on 2nd :getsome:

Thanks Eileen, this is my first year racing cyclocross and it's fun but real tough at the same time. I think you would like it too, they allow Mountain bikes and there are a few riding mountain bikes, see ya Sunday :eek:

RC ... :)

Eileen

Sometime before the end of cross season I'd like to give it a try on my mtb and if I like it I might have to add a bike to the collection.

Top Bottom