Scalpel 29er carbon rear triangle

soulchild

I've got a spare carbon triangle for a Scalpel 29er. This was taken off my medium 2013 Scalpel 29er 2 last year. The clear coat had a bubble in it and it flaked off so Halter's got me another one. This is 100% cosmetic. If I were to have ever needed it, I would have just thrown some frame protection over the area, but I haven't needed it so it's been sitting in my closet collecting dust.

$350 obo

tumblr_n9i6e4MlCz1qi6mxlo1_1280.png

tumblr_n9i6e4MlCz1qi6mxlo3_1280.png

tumblr_n9i6e4MlCz1qi6mxlo2_1280.png

Last edited:
This is a long stretch, but is this still available? I cracked the bridge on my Scalpel, and I’m going to have to scrap the bike unless I can find a replacement.

Last edited:
This is a long stretch, but is this still available? I cracked the bridge on my Scalpel, and I’m going to have to scrap the bike unless I can find a replacement. Call me at 719-213-1797.
let me look in my pile of junk, i might have something for you

This is a long stretch, but is this still available? I cracked the bridge on my Scalpel, and I’m going to have to scrap the bike unless I can find a replacement. Call me at 719-213-1797.
what size are you looking? medium?

Are you sure the rear triangles are different? It seems like they would be sized for the wheel and standard across the frame sizes. I know on my old Hi-Fi the triangles were all the same.

Are you sure the rear triangles are different? It seems like they would be sized for the wheel and standard across the frame sizes. I know on my old Hi-Fi the triangles were all the same.
That’s what I was thinking and why I called. The guy on the phone said that we could take some measurements on the part and see if the screw holes would line up.

That’s what I was thinking and why I called. The guy on the phone said that we could take some measurements on the part and see if the screw holes would line up.
F8F17F89-48E2-410B-A9D9-EB0F92BF06C9.png
Looks like dimension J (chainstay length) is constant on all sizes. That’s a good sign.

im sorry, when you said the bridge, did you only mean this piece here? thats all you need?
1649180224563.png

ok so I got in touch with @nooch888...He found us from Colorado, thats impressive ...I did in fact have ONE of these parts left....After 10 years of racing scalpels, I have broken a couple :) I actually had all of these out in my yard last year about to throw them away and for some reason I didnt
1649198448429.png

However, I didnt have the bridge on any of these frames, as I dug thru, I recalled than I had given some other triangles away over the years....BUT I did have my original 2012 scalpel..."TED 1.0" that now hangs from the ceiling in my garage. This frame was what I rode for my first cat 1 win, (and several others) my first pro race, my first enduro race, the XC nationals...some of my best races...It cracked at the lower pivot and I passed it on to @Pearl who had it repaired and then raced a few more years on it until it really came apart...then I retired it to my ceiling....So @nooch888 you are getting a part with some great history.

1649198854654.png

1649199333927.png

All I would love in return....post back here and tell us how you did in your race!

ok so I got in touch with @nooch888...He found us from Colorado, thats impressive ...I did in fact have ONE of these parts left....After 10 years of racing scalpels, I have broken a couple :) I actually had all of these out in my yard last year about to throw them away and for some reason I didnt
View attachment 182278

However, I didnt have the bridge on any of these frames, as I dug thru, I recalled than I had given some other triangles away over the years....BUT I did have my original 2012 scalpel..."TED 1.0" that now hangs from the ceiling in my garage. This frame was what I rode for my first cat 1 win, (and several others) my first pro race, my first enduro race, the XC nationals...some of my best races...It cracked at the lower pivot and I passed it on to @Pearl who had it repaired and then raced a few more years on it until it really came apart...then I retired it to my ceiling....So @nooch888 you are getting a part with some great history.

View attachment 182281

View attachment 182282

All I would love in return....post back here and tell us how you did in your race!
Man, I feel so fortunate that I am able to continue racing my bike and that you are willing to help me out. I have seriously been looking for this part for MONTHS!! You have no clue how happy I am! I will post on here and let you know how I do in the Royal Gorge 12! What a great story this part has, and I’m stoked to carry on the legend on Ted 1.0.

Back
Top Bottom