Scalpel 29er carbon rear triangle

soulchild

I've got a spare carbon triangle for a Scalpel 29er. This was taken off my medium 2013 Scalpel 29er 2 last year. The clear coat had a bubble in it and it flaked off so Halter's got me another one. This is 100% cosmetic. If I were to have ever needed it, I would have just thrown some frame protection over the area, but I haven't needed it so it's been sitting in my closet collecting dust.

$350 obo

tumblr_n9i6e4MlCz1qi6mxlo1_1280.png

tumblr_n9i6e4MlCz1qi6mxlo3_1280.png

tumblr_n9i6e4MlCz1qi6mxlo2_1280.png

Last edited:

nooch888

This is a long stretch, but is this still available? I cracked the bridge on my Scalpel, and I’m going to have to scrap the bike unless I can find a replacement.

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is a long stretch, but is this still available? I cracked the bridge on my Scalpel, and I’m going to have to scrap the bike unless I can find a replacement. Call me at 719-213-1797.
let me look in my pile of junk, i might have something for you

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is a long stretch, but is this still available? I cracked the bridge on my Scalpel, and I’m going to have to scrap the bike unless I can find a replacement. Call me at 719-213-1797.
what size are you looking? medium?

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Are you sure the rear triangles are different? It seems like they would be sized for the wheel and standard across the frame sizes. I know on my old Hi-Fi the triangles were all the same.

nooch888

Are you sure the rear triangles are different? It seems like they would be sized for the wheel and standard across the frame sizes. I know on my old Hi-Fi the triangles were all the same.
That’s what I was thinking and why I called. The guy on the phone said that we could take some measurements on the part and see if the screw holes would line up.

nooch888

That’s what I was thinking and why I called. The guy on the phone said that we could take some measurements on the part and see if the screw holes would line up.
F8F17F89-48E2-410B-A9D9-EB0F92BF06C9.png
Looks like dimension J (chainstay length) is constant on all sizes. That’s a good sign.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
im sorry, when you said the bridge, did you only mean this piece here? thats all you need?
1649180224563.png

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok so I got in touch with @nooch888...He found us from Colorado, thats impressive ...I did in fact have ONE of these parts left....After 10 years of racing scalpels, I have broken a couple :) I actually had all of these out in my yard last year about to throw them away and for some reason I didnt
1649198448429.png

However, I didnt have the bridge on any of these frames, as I dug thru, I recalled than I had given some other triangles away over the years....BUT I did have my original 2012 scalpel..."TED 1.0" that now hangs from the ceiling in my garage. This frame was what I rode for my first cat 1 win, (and several others) my first pro race, my first enduro race, the XC nationals...some of my best races...It cracked at the lower pivot and I passed it on to @Pearl who had it repaired and then raced a few more years on it until it really came apart...then I retired it to my ceiling....So @nooch888 you are getting a part with some great history.

1649198854654.png

1649199333927.png

All I would love in return....post back here and tell us how you did in your race!

nooch888

ok so I got in touch with @nooch888...He found us from Colorado, thats impressive ...I did in fact have ONE of these parts left....After 10 years of racing scalpels, I have broken a couple :) I actually had all of these out in my yard last year about to throw them away and for some reason I didnt
View attachment 182278

However, I didnt have the bridge on any of these frames, as I dug thru, I recalled than I had given some other triangles away over the years....BUT I did have my original 2012 scalpel..."TED 1.0" that now hangs from the ceiling in my garage. This frame was what I rode for my first cat 1 win, (and several others) my first pro race, my first enduro race, the XC nationals...some of my best races...It cracked at the lower pivot and I passed it on to @Pearl who had it repaired and then raced a few more years on it until it really came apart...then I retired it to my ceiling....So @nooch888 you are getting a part with some great history.

View attachment 182281

View attachment 182282

All I would love in return....post back here and tell us how you did in your race!
Man, I feel so fortunate that I am able to continue racing my bike and that you are willing to help me out. I have seriously been looking for this part for MONTHS!! You have no clue how happy I am! I will post on here and let you know how I do in the Royal Gorge 12! What a great story this part has, and I’m stoked to carry on the legend on Ted 1.0.

Top Bottom