Scalpel 29er carbon rear triangle

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Good stuff - and love me some Royal Gorge area. That bridge is nuts.

300 people in an endurance race! nice.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok, This thread has brought me out of retirement.

For the record I have still have @soulchild ’s scalpel 1 rear triangle on a working zombie OG scalpel, which I think I acquired after snapping a chainstay in Ringwood but don’t ride anymore because I ain’t got time for that shit. My heart is full knowing Ted 1’s memory lives on in a transplant patient. Ted is dead, long love Ted.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's

For the record I have still have @soulchild ’s scalpel 1 rear triangle on a working zombie OG scalpel, which I think I acquired after snapping a chainstay in Ringwood but don’t ride anymore because I ain’t got time for that shit. My heart is full knowing Ted 1’s memory lives on in a transplant patient. Ted is dead, long love Ted.
@Delish Was that the "Fathers Day" weekend ride we did a few years ago? I think I was behind you when it snapped. IIRC it was fairly early in the ride. BTW, how is retirement? lol

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Delish Was that the "Fathers Day" weekend ride we did a few years ago? I think I was behind you when it snapped. IIRC it was fairly early in the ride. BTW, how is retirement? lol
Yes that’s the one. I was following @Magic which was my first mistake. Lucky it was 1/4 mile in. Too bad it wasn’t his frame because I think you guys nearly killed him that day.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

ok, so is there where the original triangle Lou posted about ended up? Its on your frame?

reminded me of some great scalpel memories.....almost 10 years ago to the day now
1649248558559.png

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i remember when you bought that and we were blown away how expensive it was, wasnt it like $3500?! i think cannondale lost money on you on that jawn

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i remember when you bought that and we were blown away how expensive it was, wasnt it like $3500?! i think cannondale lost money on you on that jawn
$3800...and omg I cant believe I spent that much on a bike back then lol....

So that ONE scalpel i bought had quite the family tree........it broke and I got my grey frame (which was a himod upgrade)
famous picture of my man @Pearl with a textbook bottle hand off at the XC nationals...this frame lasted 2 seasons before it cracked at the bb shell
1649254063437.png

this I got this sweet himod green one....bob is now 75 lbs, so this pic would be hard to recreate
1649254155011.png

This frame had some superficial scratch/maybe crack...was never sure....but cannondale looked at it and thought it was a crack...so they sent me a brand new version of this frame......I think the one in this pic went to @Dominique and it lives on....the new one got sold to pros closet

So 4 frames in total with that original TED 1.0 lol.

soulchild

All in the feels right now!

Lou6pack.jpeg

For the record I have still have @soulchild ’s scalpel 1 rear triangle on a working zombie OG scalpel, which I think I acquired after snapping a chainstay in Ringwood but don’t ride anymore because I ain’t got time for that shit.
Pic of said zombie OG scalpel would make this thread complete!

I think Cannondale needs to enshrine @UtahJoe in the Scalpel history books... even if it's just a footnote :D

@Pearl where's that shot of the 3 SScaplels?

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

View attachment 182309

I think Cannondale needs to enshrine @UtahJoe in the Scalpel history books... even if it's just a footnote :D

dam how many of us bought scalpels that year?

Me
@Pearl (metal TED bc pearl was too broke to by the carbon juan...maybe we named his TED nugent bc it was metal, I forget)
@Delish (also metal ted)
@jShort
@Kirt
@Norm
@rottin'

@jdog cleaned up on us that year hahaha

JDurk

$3800...and omg I cant believe I spent that much on a bike back then lol....

So that ONE scalpel i bought had quite the family tree........it broke and I got my grey frame (which was a himod upgrade)
famous picture of my man @Pearl with a textbook bottle hand off at the XC nationals...this frame lasted 2 seasons before it cracked at the bb shell
View attachment 182306

this I got this sweet himod green one....bob is now 75 lbs, so this pic would be hard to recreate
View attachment 182307

This frame had some superficial scratch/maybe crack...was never sure....but cannondale looked at it and thought it was a crack...so they sent me a brand new version of this frame......I think the one in this pic went to @Dominique and it lives on....the new one got sold to pros closet

So 4 frames in total with that original TED 1.0 lol.
Still have my green '16 Scalpel, though it will be going up for sale soon since I got a '22 Pivot Trail 429.
20210811_105709.jpg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Me
@Pearl (metal TED bc pearl was too broke to by the carbon juan...maybe we named his TED nugent bc it was metal, I forget)
@Delish (also metal ted)
@jShort
@Kirt
@Norm
@rottin'
How many of those frames are in the pile in that earlier picture?

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's

View attachment 182309

OG zombie scalpel:

• Lefty is from my OG aluminum scalpel that had a main pivot welded off axis so it never worked right.
  • Main triangle is was somebody’s frame (can’t remember whose) that had crack in carbon around the main pivot. Carbon patch by Swamp Ghost Nick, which is still holding nicely today.
  • Rear triangle is the protagonist of this thread from @soulchild
  • Valors are ex: Utah (Ted 2?)

E7DDB174-F86F-405D-88C6-457FC0DB0722.jpeg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes that’s the one. I was following @Magic which was my first mistake. Lucky it was 1/4 mile in. Too bad it wasn’t his frame because I think you guys nearly killed him that day.
Sorry! My frame cracked at Stewart as punishment.

Top Bottom