saw the roadie pricks today

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Yes, but people don't go post on a car forum every time they encounter an asshat driving at 50mph on the left lane. Maybe some do, I dunno.

In general, I agree with you. 50 cyclists taking up the whole road is not the best etiquette even if it is legal. But if I see it happening once or twice a year, I'm not gonna make a stink about it. There are far more car related issues that happen exponentially many times and are far more dangerous.

I think it's the way you originally posted and fact that 90% of people here ride on the road probably more than they do on trails that always gets this conversation going every year.
Well this is an mtb forum lol. I road ride too...i don't roadie prick though.

icolquhoun

Best retaliation is blowing them kisses. believe me, nothing ruffles a pubescent boys feathers who just coal rolled you yelling "fagetz" worse then flagrant big exagerated blowing kisses from said "fagetz"
Just be ready to take off into the woods when his fragile little ego can't tolerate his friends in the cab ribbing him for getting "kiizzed by that fagit"

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had two pretty ~high school age girls pull up next to me back in may....I wasnt paying attention until the one in the passenger seat screamed "YOU'RE HOT" at me.....Thats right folks...I was CAT CALLED!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was on a back road up here by me (which is the middle of nowhere) and some dick revved hi engine hard as he drove by me. It was loud and out of nowhere so it scared the shit out of me. He was driving a Dodge Charger I think.
So I gave him the finger. The tough guy slammed on his brakes when he saw.

I was pissed and a little addrenalized, so I stood up on the pedals and started sprinting towards him.

When he saw this, he peeled off. *****.

MMuller

Yeah, been trying to figure out if it's self imposed or a penalty for tardy selection.
Knowing Dave a bit I'd say he's poking fun at himself. Pretty funny.
I'd say lock this thread as it'll start degrading into worse and worse jokes, like some posts in the past, and be thankful for the good that came out of it, accepting some of us are roadie pricks AND OP finally got an avatar!

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
trust me... i've seen a bunch of you guys in tights... none of you are seriously getting cat called... even if you shave your legs.

Reactions: rlb

Mountain Bike Mike

On my commute this morning, this thread popped into my head and I spent several miles reflecting on it.

Recently, the family and I were driving on a four lane highway and approached two cyclists who were riding in what I would consider a comfortable space on the side of the road - approximately within 1' to the left of the white line. The area of the road where we approached them had very little shoulder for a couple hundred yards and then the shoulder opened up to almost an additional full lane. I gave plenty of room and was patient and passed in the most conservative way. However, my wife was very skid-dish as we approached. She was not comfortable with where they were on the road and how they were riding. it made her nervous and at times, she flinched because she thought it was an unsafe situation.

The kids only cared if I ride faster than those guys :). Which I do! Even if I didn't, I will never tell my kids that - I'm super Dad - I know this because I have a T-Shirt that says it.

So - two different perspectives.. Were those guys riding unsafe, in my opinion, No... Since I ride, I understood why they were on the left side of the white line and I also knew how I should handle the situation.

On the other hand, my wife, thought that the cyclists being in the car lane was dangerous and she didn't think they should be there and if she were driving, she would become very tense and nervous because she would not want to hit them or cause an accident.

I believe, most drivers feel similar to my wife in this situation and I can see how some would think negatively about cyclists. Does that make cyclists who take their share of the road - pricks? Not at all but it can easily be viewed that way.

BUT

If you have dozens of riders taking more than their share of the road and they are not being considerate to the cars, they deserve to be mooned and called Roadie pricks or whatever you want to call them!

Top Bottom