Save Round Valley! Peaceful Rally and Demonstration

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i was asked to past this on.

Save Round Valley!

The governor’s proposed budget includes major cuts to the Department of Environmental Protection.

This week the department announced that Round Valley and other state parks would have to be closed as a result of the cuts.

We need to resolve our budget issues in other ways – not by closing our parks!

Show your support at a :

Peaceful Rally and Demonstration

Round Valley Reservoir, Lebanon, NJ
(volunteers will be directing you from the Route 22 entrance to the rally site)

THIS SATURDAY, April 5th
12:00 noon

Questions? Contact Matt Apgar at 908-635-9695 or mapgar@gmail.com.

F

FallGirl1430

I have question, when they say Round Valley will be "closing" do they mean like gates closed with chains? No Tresspassing?

Christina ... :(

Frank

Sasquatch
Awesome Kirt !!!! I would join but I will be away, but I will be there in spirit. We need a big turnout. And will someone please take some pix.:D

N

Neen

I'll be there.
Staffed facilities will be closed but the gates will remain open then?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i was listening on 101.5 yesterday, and there will be someone out there collecting signatures to keep RV open on sunday from 10am - 6pm at the boat launch area.

i wish i could make it saturday, but i can't.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
I'll be there.
Staffed facilities will be closed but the gates will remain open then?

i would imagine the park/state police would come through and close the gates at a certain posted time on a daily basis. they might not bother when there's snow on the ground.

VanDbtRiver

I have question, when they say Round Valley will be "closing" do they mean like gates closed with chains? No Tresspassing?

Christina ... :(

I heard they were going to take Brian Sipler's trail closed sign and put it at the front entrance:) i guess that isn't funny.

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I also heard that it's a possibility they might close during the week and open on the weekends. That way they can keep some staff but not close the facilities completely.

Damn! i was working all weekend i would've def passed by if this was announced better. I live 5 min walk for round valley. Any one know if there going to have another rally? I can get about 30 kids/adults to go.

VanDbtRiver

the person with the petitions will be at the boat launch next weekend as well. you can also download the form and pass them out yourself I believe. git 'er done

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Any one know if there going to have another rally? I can get about 30 kids/adults to go.

maybe... I'm talking to someone from the NJ Outdoor Alliance about just this sort of thing. I'll post something up if that happens.

Top Bottom