Saturday 9/3 - Lewis Morris 9am

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
This is the official Steve got a bike ride!

We'll meet at the lot just behind Sunrise Lake at 9am. Post up if you want in!

S

scubasteve

I'm THERE!!!!!

(Good timing too, since I think it's about an hour or so away)

dursman

Any idea how long (time and distance) the ride is going to be? I'm going to be helping my girlfriend move into Morristown that day and Lewis Morris is pretty close. And ummmmm, how difficult is the terrain there?

Jason

JORBA.ORG
dursman said:
Any idea how long (time and distance) the ride is going to be? I'm going to be helping my girlfriend move into Morristown that day and Lewis Morris is pretty close. And ummmmm, how difficult is the terrain there?

Distance I'm guessing one loop is roughly 6 miles or so and time I'd say an hour depending on ability. Really is hard to say cause with stops it could easily drag on but if you ride right through you could do it in no time at all. There are other areas I haven't been to yet and would also like to check them out. Even if you come for a little bit it will still be a blast.

dursman

Jason said:
If you have the money, invest in a CamelBak

I was actually looking at the Lobo. I wasn't sure if its worth $50 more than a plain water bottle though. I'll have to check it out at the Sports Authority again today.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
I'm still trying to put my finger on the exact formula for the perfect ride but I'm sure that it's mostly made up of days like today. Got there early to do a quick loop with Carl. We did the typical loop in reverse as there are more climbs this way and even with a pee stop still made it in great time.

I have to say that I was totally impressed with steve and chris' riding. For two guys new to mountain biking they did really well. It was a total pleasure riding with you guys!

-jay

S

scubasteve

Thanks to Jay and Carl for leading us around! It was great to get out on a real trail, much MUCH more fun thatn my usual roadie rides. Definitely looking forward to more of those!

Now I just have to master the whole not-wheelieing thing :)

dursman

Thanks guys, that was totally fun - I definitely want to go back again (when I'm in a little better shape). The guidance on trail riding and general bike tech was much appreciated. Ya'll have some sweet bikes too

Top Bottom