Saturday 7-23 Afternoon Ride @ Alamuchy or Kittatiny

Shaggz

A strong 7
Yep - took the gravel rode down less than 1/4 mile and saw a trail on the left. A little bridge and a tight 90 degree drop off to the right, and I was on the white trail!!!! 8)

It is a pretty technical & steep climb (almost 400 ft in elevation change), but like you reminded me at Lewis Morris, get the climbing done early.

GU rules - depended on it Saturday and Sunday, as well.

One more thing, there was a "lurker" sitting in a new tan colored Nissan Murano. Not sure if it was the same guy you saw at the parking area several weeks ago. He had a mustache, and was staring a little too long for my liking. I noticed him on the way in, and 90 minutes later, he was still there when I left...

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
smarencik said:
One more thing, there was a "lurker" sitting in a new tan colored Nissan Murano. Not sure if it was the same guy you saw at the parking area several weeks ago. He had a mustache, and was staring a little too long for my liking. I noticed him on the way in, and 90 minutes later, he was still there when I left...

I have to say that for as much as I like the park, I don't believe I will ride there solo. There are just too many creepy people showing up there.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
carl said:
I'd like to check this out. I have done the 24 hour races there the past 3 years.. I am boycotting it this year. Anyway a lot of the race course trails kick ass.

I've been checking out some of the details and they are saying the course is much better this year.

Shaggz

A strong 7
in the past, most of the course was on the boy scout camp property, which is not accesible/restricted to public use. has this changed?

M

mike240se

Whenever anyone wants to ride alamuchy, let me know, i may be able to guide you or go with you cause i live like 10 min away. Its a great place to ride. The problem i have is not with power bars but with my met-rx big 100 protien bars, its dumb of me to eat them cause they have 37g of protien which is way too much before a ride cause its hard for your body to break it down. I use it as a meal replacement, but its bad to eat it before a ride.

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
24 hr Course

Yes the course will be diff this year. The course has always started in the Camp, but the majority is on State land. The course this year will have the same basic numbers as always (approx 11 miles long and 1,550 ft of elevation change).

The course will be faster overall compaired to last year, but still have all of the things that make Allamuchy a great place to ride. Check out the web site for a better description of the course, but dont expect too much info.

Hope to see everyone out there (except Carl that is! :lol: )!

Bob W.

A

Ant

Re: 24 hr Course

carl said:
Bob W said:
Yes the course will be diff this year. The course has always started in the Camp, but the majority is on State land. The course this year will have the same basic numbers as always (approx 11 miles long and 1,550 ft of elevation change).

The course will be faster overall compaired to last year, but still have all of the things that make Allamuchy a great place to ride. Check out the web site for a better description of the course, but dont expect too much info.

Bob W.
ahahaha that is funny..
Well, apparently, I am not the only one who has expressed how rediculous the course was last year. It seems the main point the organizers are trying to get across to people is that the course WILL NOT be like it was last year...anyway if you have never done a 24 hour race this is a cheap way to try. The entrance fees are pretty reasonable especially for solos..and it is close.

They have really good fruit smoothies too. :D

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Re: 24 hr Course

carl said:
Bob W said:

Bob W.
ahahaha that is funny..
Well, apparently, I am not the only one who has expressed how rediculous the course was last year. It seems the main point the organizers are trying to get across to people is that the course WILL NOT be like it was last year...anyway if you have never done a 24 hour race this is a cheap way to try. The entrance fees are pretty reasonable especially for solos..and it is close.

This is why I love the internet...cant see peoples faces or read into their replys or humor (see smile face)! Carl if you only knew what the relationship between the organizers and the course setters, you would understand the process. But hey everyone is entitiled to their opinion!

As with any race course you will have people who like ti and other that do not. Chances are that the same will be true this year. This is a good thing! Just because you change the course (as is done every year) does not mean it is going to be that diff, it is still Allamuchy and there are still hills out there (not to mention the possibility of rain).

See ya,

Bob W.

M

mike240se

Well i am not going to ride, but i live close enough i may just stop by to check it out....

Top Bottom