Saturday 7-23 Afternoon Ride @ Alamuchy or Kittatiny

M

mike240se

ok its saying 80F and sunny on saturday?!?!?! That sounds real nice, so I am planning a ride middle of the afternoon saturday, maybe 3 or 4pm.... Could be later to compensate for others. Need to test out my new brakes and grips... I am thinking alamuchy or Kittatiny would be cool, but again that can be changed to compensate.

C

Chris s

damn.....i'll find out what time im working until.... i should be able to make it. go easy on me though :p

M

mike240se

wouldnt it be nice to not have to get up early on a saturday for once???? I am still trying to decide on a place, do we have definites? If so lets decide on a location. PS. gerard i want to see that bike...

Shaggz

A strong 7
This still going down on Saturday afternoon? If not, I'm gonna hit the trails early... Would consider tourne or lewis morris if early enough in the mroning

M

mike240se

saturday is still a go for the afternoon, alamuchy south sounds good.... We can meet at my apartment complex or at the park. What time is good for you guys? I would say 3:00 - 4pm? Later is ok, the earliest i can ride is about 3:00. Should be beautiful out. The other option is Mahlon Dickerson, i know the trails ok and we could even hit my parents house down the road from mahlon and go swimming and eat grilled food afterwards. but it's up to you guys. let me know what you guys want to do.

mike

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
It would be easiest to just meet you at the lot we parked at last time. I'm fine with 4pm as well.

M

mike240se

ok sounds good. So i will see you at the same lot as last time at 4pm. For everyone else, thats the south lot off of 517. Its a long dirt road. We will make sure we do the larger loop this time. You bringing shifters and der? I got my ODI's on for the ride :)

Who else is coming?

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Very good ride today. I think we did 10.9 miles! Took a wrong turn down the yellow trail :roll: but other then that and the 3 down trees it was a fast and fun ride. Gotta get more of you guys out there.

Shaggz

A strong 7
WHERE THE F#CK IS ALLAMUCHY SOUTH?!?!?!?!?

I wound up at an entrance called Allamuchy Mountain/Stephens State park - right near Waterloo Village. Great riding - killer technical climbs to some very awesome downhill and single track (the Yellow and Red trails).

Jason

JORBA.ORG
smarencik said:
WHERE THE F#CK IS ALLAMUCHY SOUTH?!?!?!?!?

I wound up at an entrance called Allamuchy Mountain/Stephens State park - right near Waterloo Village. Great riding - killer technical climbs to some very awesome downhill and single track (the Yellow and Red trails).

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=168

The dark green area. We enter via Route 517, just south of panther valley and route 80.

-jay

M

mike240se

you were looking for us???? we had a great ride, damn power bar stomach but i toughed it out. Great trails, great downhills, lots of technical climbing, lots of logs to jump if your into that... Just stay away from steers and queers....

Shaggz

A strong 7
After pouring over the site map last night, I realized that I was in Allamuchy South, but came in from 604 (the most southeast parking area shown on the trail map). :twisted:

It was a bummer that I postponed my morning ride to hook up with you guys, but I guess I would have never ventured over there otherwise. We must have been on the trail network around the same time - the white, yellow and red loops were awesome!!!! I did the 24 hours in the past, but this sealed the deal on Allamuchy as a regular ride.

BTW - I switched to GU. Not sure if it is Lewis Morris or the Power Bars that get to you and Jay, but I'm not taking any more chances...

Jason

JORBA.ORG
smarencik said:
After pouring over the site map last night, I realized that I was in Allamuchy South, but came in from 604 (the most southeast parking area shown on the trail map). :twisted:

It was a bummer that I postponed my morning ride to hook up with you guys, but I guess I would have never ventured over there otherwise. We must have been on the trail network around the same time - the white, yellow and red loops were awesome!!!! I did the 24 hours in the past, but this sealed the deal on Allamuchy as a regular ride.

BTW - I switched to GU. Not sure if it is Lewis Morris or the Power Bars that get to you and Jay, but I'm not taking any more chances...

I was wondering where that lot leaves you off. Did you go in on the white trail? I did road very hard this weekend both Saturday and Sunday fueled on GU (banana blitz), toast and lots of water. I didn't get even a hint of nausea.

We're going to hit Tourne on Thursday probably around 6pm if you are up for it.

Top Bottom