Sat/Sun 1/5-6

If you park at my house there is no gate and you can sneak in using the cover of the night..

after this week of training my body feels like a tractor trailer ran it over. It hurts to walk. Im calling out sick for tomorrow unless i wake up and feel well enought to meet brett at 930. I may spin tomorrow, but sunday i would like to get out. So mr. goatman keep us in the loop for what you may have planned.

I can't make it I will see you next ride I am going to go out around 7:30 gotta be somewhere at 11:00

Hey gang,

I'll be lurkin' around MD at about the same time...maybe we'll cross paths.

I just put a new fork on the bike and will be trying to get it dialed in a bit...

Tim

i'm likely out today. my kids colds and sleep patterns were not favorable last night. maybe tomorrow at stokes. brett, post up those details...and an earlier start perhaps?

Sun Stokes 830am

Sunrise mtn lot. It probably wont freeze tonite and may be drizzling in the am, so it will be slushy.Add to that a few of the ultra speedy AO boys and this will be a sufferfest, so be warned...................

Surprisingly icey though traction was not bad at all. Here's the particulars:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4716390

Mike

Heh, I didn't know exactly what route I was gonna' take to today. So I saw some bike tracks and just followed them. Looking at your GPS data, they just might have been yours.

Agreed on your traction statement. When I got up there and started my the first climb, I thought, damn...this is gonna' be a long day. But no, 'was able to get okay traction...go figure.

I even cleaned a couple climbs today I never have in the dry, if you can believe it. First ride with a Revelation 426 on my spot. Cranked the travel down a little over an inch, dropped on the granny, and the thing became a mountain goat :D

All-in-all, the only thing I didn't like about MD today (I was up there in the PM..just got back) is that was one of those take a few pumps on the cranks, the bike breaks through the upper crust of snow which is like throwing and anchor off the back, repeat…and repeat….and repeat. I'd wager that if it were a little earlier in the day when it was colder, it would've been better.

Tim

nice gps

I hope to get up there this year. It's over 3 hours from the jersey shore. Looks like fun,...which is awfully tempting! Good job making those climbs.

Back
Top Bottom