Sat early aftn ride

R

rltrock

Couple of us thinking early afrn ride on Sat. Our experience is mostly at Ringwood. Rode Allaire last wkend.

Any recommendations given conditions these days?

secondspeed02

options?

Ringwood state park & Rampo mountains are stilled iced and snowed... @ "The Tourne" up in Boonton NJ is still up 4 to 5 inches of snowed havnt seen any open grass in any the fields plus forget about the trails too.. :cry:

Dont ride when trails get muddy at this point more damage will be done..

I usually ride when there no ice but its under freezing... This winter is bad its going get worst too.. peace

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Went out at Ringwood this week, and it is very limited. I had studded tires and ended up riding in car tracks on the forest roads. I could not navigate fresh snow on flat or up. It was too deep. Not sure what tomorrows warmer temps will do either. I think central or south Jersey may be better.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any recommendations for south or central Jersey?

I know 6mile is not snow covered. This place is best to ride early in the day when temps are low because it does get muddy. Don't know what temps are going to be Sat., but if it stays cold this could be an option.

R

rltrock

Lewis Morris

Thinking Lewis Morris.

Anyone know conditions?

Tx.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Baumann

Thinking Lewis Morris.

Anyone know conditions?

Tx.

Someone said they will report on conditions there later on in the LEWIS MORRIS thread.
I expect it will be fine in the morning.
LM is my preference for tomorrow but I'm leaning towards earlier than later.

rayder

well we could park in the sunrise lake lot I guess or there is another small lot on aroad I think is called sussex and you can warm up on patriots path for a short distance on the way into the park. let me know and we'll meet you.

Robson

well we could park in the sunrise lake lot I guess or there is another small lot on aroad I think is called sussex and you can warm up on patriots path for a short distance on the way into the park. let me know and we'll meet you.

OK, sunrise lake lot it is...now I have to only find it:)

Robson

According to park map there are two parking lots at the end of Sunrise lake road.

Last edited:

rayder

We'll be there. Sunrise lake parking lot is relatively easy to find Robson. you'll go into the park uphill then a sign will have you turn right for the lot then keep going straight

R

rltrock

Great Ride

Great Ride guys -- ice was just about crunchy enough to make it managable.

Thanks for leading.

Ready to go again.

Robson

Great ride yesterday. Thanks Ray and Loren for leading. I'm still amazed that despite so much ice (and no studs) I made it without any accidents.

Attachments

• lewis morris.JPG
    lewis morris.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 86
Top Bottom