Sat. and Sun. rides

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Mort and I, and any one else who wants to go, are thinking Chimney Rock Sat. and 6mile Sun. We are meeting at the Cheesequake commuter lot at 9:30 to make the spot around 10 each day. We meet at the Southern lot (the lot farthest from the bridges).

Rogers

I might be in for 6 Mile on Sun. Not sure yet. From Allaire is it quicker to come up the Parkway or take Rt 18 to get to 6 Mile.

ellbiddy

I'd probably be good for both days, I still suck the big one at CR on my FS might be worth taking my HT because I still don't have that nice quick feel with my dualie.

Worst case I'll be out for the 6MR ride since it's like 10 minutes from my door step, by Southern most from the bridges you mean canal side or the new jaques lane entrance they're both on the southern-ish side of the park

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Meeting at the Cheesequake service area on the Parkway at the southern commuter lot. Not sure if 18 or the PKWY would be quicker to 6 mile.

THATmanMANNY

where are you guys meeting up at CR? newmans?

I was gonna try to be there by 11ish then help with the trails a little

THATmanMANNY

EPIC ride this morn at the rock. :getsome:
~3hrs with stops. Don't think we missed a single trail :D

I'll try for 6mile if I get back from watching a 5k on time. If I am not there, start without me. I'll see how late I am running and try to catch up :eek:

FYI loving the ergon GX2's and the specialized captains today!

Last edited:

ellbiddy

I showed up at 10 and didn't see you guys so I just waited for like 10 minutes or so and went in made it to canal and started heading back. Was having a great time taking it relatively easy and playing with gear ratios to figure out what I wanted on (assuming everything goes well) the upcoming SS I'm picking up from Fogerson. So I was in a higher gear and really liking going up hills really slow and feeling every stroke....and then... mid hill I see the MTBNJ pose roll down so I was going to let you guys pass but I got a friendly yell to go ahead, but I stopped and starting to pedal in that gear was a headache so I limped up the rest of the small hill and went on. I assume that was you guys, you must have started late as it was probably like 11 by the time i hit that part, there were two mtbnj jerseys And maybe a total of 5-6 people. I was the guy on the trek with the white fox fork and yellow shades limping up that hill hah

Edit: 32x17 worked really well for me for 99% of the ride I hopped down (up? :p) to 15 but I figured this wasn't really cheating as I was going into a higher gear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom