Sat 12/8

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Allamuchy 8am.Not sure if starting from my house or tranquility gate,but i'll figure it out w/ whoever posts up..................

anrothar

entirely thrilled
whoah. i ask and you deliver....

i'm all sorts of there. my first goat ride of the year. hope i make the cut.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Careful there fellas -- I have seen lots of hunters with shotguns on the Tranquility side of the park all week on my way to the office. I'm sure there will be more on Saturday morning, as early morning is prime hunting time.

If you do go, wear some brown jackets, make sure you wear a white jersey that peeks out the back of the jacket, and stick some small branches into your helmet vents. That way you'll blend in the forest and they won't notice you. :p

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Governor of the state of obvious......

.......thanks for the tip, but this is a horde.They'll find nothing but a pile of bones and a rusty gun in the spring.We are merciless,we are eternal.Fear nothing,ride everthing.......................

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
.......thanks for the tip, but this is a horde.They'll find nothing but a pile of bones and a rusty gun in the spring.We are merciless,we are eternal.Fear nothing,ride everthing.......................

Yeah, I'm sure they can't get you all.

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Alrighty, we're startin' from the house.North of the tranquilty gate there is a Valley National Bank on rt 517.There is a barn then a house north of that and i'm the driveway on the north side of that big white house, or be at the gate at 815 ready to go........................

anrothar

entirely thrilled
fun ride today. brett's getting some legs under him...

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=4563438

2095234047_9b34e6ce49.jpg

up the riverbed, where brett confessed his deepest fears to us.
2095234143_22ebc9d080.jpg

i got to this section of rock first, and almost ate it due to the layer of ice hidden under the layer of snow. joe:
2096008550_60fe38897d.jpg

ryan:
2096008710_fb03ce4b55.jpg

the goat rider himself:
2096008844_333e6b5f9a.jpg

Last edited:

xc62701

Yea the ride was fun for sure. Any time I get to learn new trails I'm psyched. Plus the food was yummy... Nap time! :D

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Orange anyone?

I just checked out your pictures and I'm glad to see you all wore hunter orange during shotgun HUNTING SEASON! Nice.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Possibly the busiest hunting day of the season!! You scared choo,choo boy?

No, not scared. That behavior shows you had a total lack of respect for the hunters and their use of the trails. You intruded upon their recreation time and disrespected them by making lots of noise and not wearing orange.

I'm sure those guys have a high opinion of all mountain bikers because of that behavior. (That was choo choo boy sarcasm).

hardtale70

Shop Keep
I'm proud of you AJ!! I tried to get you going for that crayon comment and you took the high road.I was a crazy day to ride but you now how i am.The park is public land though and they can't possibly expect to hold it hostage every day but Sun for months on end...................

anrothar

entirely thrilled
joe, why are you being such an asshole? it seems entirely directed towards brett, as it only shows up in his threads, but you are by association being an asshole to everyone involved in anything he does, like me.

there were two guys wearing white helmets which they both know was incredibly stupid... but otherwise it was blue, black, and me in black and the very red that hunter were(are?) allowed to wear in place of orange. we were consistantly and repeatedly ringing our bells. that park is NOT closed to other trail users during hunting season, and they do not post guidelines for dress during hunting season in any visible spots i saw. ringwood does this, and recommends wearing orange, red, or other unseasonal colors. the hunters therefor bear the responsibility of being prepared for the pressence of other trail users who also have every right to be there.

noone intruded upon their recreation time or disrespected them. so take your hissyfit elsewhere.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
joe, why are you being such an asshole? it seems entirely directed towards brett, as it only shows up in his threads, but you are by association being an asshole to everyone involved in anything he does, like me.

there were two guys wearing white helmets which they both know was incredibly stupid... but otherwise it was blue, black, and me in black and the very red that hunter were(are?) allowed to wear in place of orange. we were consistantly and repeatedly ringing our bells. that park is NOT closed to other trail users during hunting season, and they do not post guidelines for dress during hunting season in any visible spots i saw. ringwood does this, and recommends wearing orange, red, or other unseasonal colors. the hunters therefor bear the responsibility of being prepared for the pressence of other trail users who also have every right to be there.

noone intruded upon their recreation time or disrespected them. so take your hissyfit elsewhere.

The point being they have ONE Saturday to hunt with shotgun -- you have all year to ride your mountain bike. You don't think ringing bells and making noise ruins their use of the park? Did you have to go into Allamuchy on Shotgun Staturday? Take the chance of an accident that could have negative impacts on the mountain bike community? All it takes is one incident for our stupid nanny state to use to ban mountain biking during all hunting seasons. You could have provided them with the fodder. Don't you think that those guys now have a completely negative view of mountain bikers?

Only Ryan had on colors that did not blend into the snow & trees. How did you think the hunters would be able to see you??? Whose fault would it have been if you or anyone else got shot? The hunters? I'd love to be on that jury after looking at the camo you guys were wearing.

Do you want our nanny state to limit riding like PA did in Jim Thorpe? Those lands were open to bikers, until hunters convinced the state to change things out there using some arbitrary Federal land usage rules. Now it sucks unless you ride illegally.

Signed,
A-hole

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
ringing our bells and making noise would probably actually have served to roust any deer near the trail and put them in motion, which would make it alot easier for the hunters to kill them. if they wanted a hunting experience free of other trail users, they should have hunted in WMAs. if anything, the way i see it, we turned them into more responsible hunters, because they'll be a hell of alot more sure about the next shot they take after seeing us roll through. there were NO postings that i saw that warned of the significance of that day as the only day for shotgun in the park. by that token, allamuchy state park was significantly more irresponsible than anyone. if it is only one saturday per year, the park should be closed for that saturday they way they do it in county parks.

the park wasn't only open to a select group of hunters who all had assigned areas. any other hunter in the park could have walked in front of them or even sat down 20 feet from where they were perched, and it happens. so the making noise part is moot.

and as i said, it was only ryan AND MYSELF wearing unseasonal colors. i had a significant amount of red on.

any person who cannot tell the difference between a deer and a human being on a bicycle wearing colors other than brown should not have the right to hunt on public land. there is not a single state that does not tell hunters explicitly to be absolutely sure they know their shot before they take it. the only way a hunter could be innocent of the accidental shooting of another trail user is if that trail user happens to cross the path of a bullet that was actually heading toward a real deer/other legal animal, or the other trail user is dressed like a deer/other legal animal. mountain bikers do not look like deer. if a mountain biker is shot by a hunter in any other than the above two scenarios(or the mtber threatens the hunter's life), the hunter IS responsible for the shooting in entirety.

Top Bottom