Sat 10/5..thinking of trying WayWay

Blk06CompIRL

hey all, I am currently planning to ride this sat for a 1230/1pmish arrival and have all evening free.i still mostly ride mahlon and wildcat so I want/ need to go somewhere i have never been to get out of this rutt. I am mainly leaning towards WayWay as i have heard its a ton of fun. If anyone is interested in showing me around i am open. i def can not claim to be fast so be open to waiting for my a** if needed lol.

i may be open to some other locations pending on the enthusiasm of showing me around and if i have been there before:D

Saturday October 5th , 1pm at the Cherry Ridge Rd Entrance

Last edited:

mtbiker87

10/5

I should be able to join in for that. I live pretty much right across the road from the park, and got no problem with going at whatever pace works for you.

Blair

Waywayanda is awesome if you know where you're going. Def go with the above invite. Fyi my opinion, pump house trail sucks for the most part and I don't care for split rock either. You can get 30+ miles without doubling back so be prepared. There is a slight chance I could be there sunday morning.

Blk06CompIRL

I should be able to join in for that. I live pretty much right across the road from the park, and got no problem with going at whatever pace works for you.

awesome man keep me posted or shoot me a PM. I can delay start time a little if needed but not bump it up as i work till noon and its about 45min away.

Blk06CompIRL

Waywayanda is awesome if you know where you're going. Def go with the above invite. Fyi my opinion, pump house trail sucks for the most part and I don't care for split rock either. You can get 30+ miles without doubling back so be prepared. There is a slight chance I could be there sunday morning.

thanks for the heads up, damn 30+ would be rediculous but i am open to trying HAHA most i have done is 16 at Stephens.. not sure how that carries over to wayway trails hmm. Def a no go for sunday, damn family fun keeps getting in the way of my biking :p,

**side note** damn dude your right in Livingston,im in Roseland
** double side note** you number of post is at 666 so you can officially never post again .. unless your religious then my bad lol

Last edited:

I Ride Bikes

Wayway is an awesome place to ride. I wouldnt worry about comitting to a big ride there. There are a bunch of fire roads that cut through the park that can be taken back if someone knows the park.

rayder

wanting to get back to waway

If u guys are going tomorrow I might want to join. Just have to see what wife thinks about the start time and whatever plans she may have for me. lol. Let me know if you are going. I haven't been there in a while .

Blk06CompIRL

Wayway is an awesome place to ride. I wouldnt worry about comitting to a big ride there. There are a bunch of fire roads that cut through the park that can be taken back if someone knows the park.

Awesome so worse case scenerio i bring trail map and open mind i can wing it lol
If u guys are going tomorrow I might want to join. Just have to see what wife thinks about the start time and whatever plans she may have for me. lol. Let me know if you are going. I haven't been there in a while .
As of now i plan to go no matter what ive winged most parks on first rides and if i get lost follow strava recording line back to lot lol

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Haven't touched this park at all this year. Need to enjoy some of it's sweetness very soon!!! Have fun!!

mtbiker87

Start time works fine for me, 12:30, 1pm..all good. The Cherry Ridge Road enterence is only a short ride from my house, so we can meet up there if that works for you, but if the main lot is easier for you we can do that to. Looking forward to a fun ride.

Blair

**side note** damn dude your right in Livingston,im in Roseland
** double side note** you number of post is at 666 so you can officially never post again .. unless your religious then my bad lol

Dammit Somebody please reset my post count to 666 and make it stop counting.

Yep, I'll probably end up at lewis sunday, closest to my house except South Mountain, wink

Burton58

i must have just missed you guys! got to the cherry ridge lot around 3:45. too bad i missed this thread :cry:

mtbiker87

We ended up parking near the camping area anyhow do to a miscommunication on my part. But the ride was great, even though I crashed once, and flatted twice. Blk06CompIRL was awesome dude to ride with, and hope we can join up for another ride soon. We crossed paths with a few other riders, maybe one was you..lol. Feel free to join in next time

Blk06CompIRL

i must have just missed you guys! got to the cherry ridge lot around 3:45. too bad i missed this thread :cry:
haha nice, yeah i went in off clinton road mtbiker 87 off other side, my car was not able to make it up to the actual trail head on cherry ridge road lol i def want to ride here again when time permits will keep ya'll posted!

We ended up parking near the camping area anyhow do to a miscommunication on my part. But the ride was great, even though I crashed once, and flatted twice. Blk06CompIRL was awesome dude to ride with, and hope we can join up for another ride soon. We crossed paths with a few other riders, maybe one was you..lol. Feel free to join in next time

thanks man, even with all the mechanical it was a good ride. will try it again one day. overall not a bad first time i got to see the park and a taste of the trails, very chill

Burton58

i'm usually around for a ride. didn't see anyone else riding though i spent a good amount of time hiking rockadendron. that trail is hard when it's wet :p

Blk06CompIRL

i'm usually around for a ride. didn't see anyone else riding though i spent a good amount of time hiking rockadendron. that trail is hard when it's wet :p

hmm sounds fun, sadly our mechanical issues took up 1/2 of our ride so the tour got cut short but i had a blast coming down even some of the fire roads. that final trail decent felt awesome to get back to the parking lot near the camp ground area... fun gnar and the wet rocks added a thrill lol. No clue on actual names besides knowing we started off on red dot. and driving we went through some parking lot that said furnace on it lol

Top Bottom