santa cruz tallboy

My opi stem has 4 years and about 7000 miles of North Jersey rocks on it...pretty sure it's not breaking.. But free replacement is always nice

When Outland died it was SC who reaped, I remember that Outland VPP 5 being a boss in the downhill era of the 90's

In 1995, around the same time that FSR was cementing itself as the best suspension design of the era, Outland’s Virtual Pivot Point (VPP) arrived as a challenger. The idea was simple: since the best location for a suspension linkage’s main pivot can vary depending on conditions, that point should float (hence “virtual”), depending on the alignment of the secondary pivots in the linkage. (Or maybe the idea wasn’t so simple; the design, after all, was revolutionary.) The 1995 Outland VPP might have killed FSR had the Outland bike company not died instead. Santa Cruz revived the design for 2001’s Blur, making that bike the first full-suspension rig that performed as well as bikes with the Horst Link did. A galaxy of similarly inspired designs have since appeared, including Ibis’s DW-Link and Yeti’s Switch Infinity.

This resembles my dad talking about WWII.

I too was once convinced I wanted a Santa Cruz Tallboy. On recommendation of a friend, I tried the (then new) Santa Cruz Bronson. It made the Tallboy feel like a shopping cart, so I bought the Bronson... just saying - you might wanna try one.

Utah, what's a trophy truck?
TT-Day-2-005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom