Santa Cruz Internal Cable Routing

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
My shifting has become a bit cumbersome on my 2018 Hightower C and waiting to change the cable and the housing.
I was told that Santa Cruz frames have a permanent path internally done for cable routing. Before I pull shit out of my bike only to regret later... can someone confirm this internal path for cable routing on Santa Cruz frames?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
is your cable housing damaged that you want to change it? otherwise you can push/pull to check for full length housing and just run a new cable inside the housing (as long as its full length, but i think mtn bikes tend to be) in like 5 minutes. no need to change the housing if its not damaged.

jackx

is your cable housing damaged that you want to change it? otherwise you can push/pull to check for full length housing and just run a new cable inside the housing (as long as its full length, but i think mtn bikes tend to be) in like 5 minutes. no need to change the housing if its not damaged.

Pro move. Only change the cable unless the housing needs it or there is some stiction.

sundaydoug

Keep inner cable routed through frame and pull outer out while keeping inner cable in frame just incase there's no guides .

This.

To echo what someone else said, I'd try replacing the inner cable first. If the problem persists, then replace the housing.

Unless of course the housing has visible damage....

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
If it has the rubber housing reducers it's sealed, if it has the clip-in plastic thing, it isn't.
It is rubber
20201228_155945.jpg

Decided to just change the inner cable only.

Top Bottom