Sanitization

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anybody that thinks Pickle is hard should just get a fat bike instead of taking rocks out.

sundaydoug

Just rode Pickle from south to north for the first time in probably 4 months. Just like everyone else, I've been riding this trail for 15+ years. Honestly I didn't notice that much of a difference, except the rock work in one spot towards the end did let me carry a buttload more speed into the next section. I don't feel like it dumbed the trail down at all, that trail is still tricky.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
giphy-downsized.gif

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Facetious is one of only a few words in the English language which has all of the vowels in order.
@Patrick Yes! there are only 5 other words I think that satisfy this criteria, and I think I've only used one in conversation...abstentious...the other ones I have not heard of. I think the funniest part of this is that spell check is telling me that abstentious is misspelled lol

chris12453

Pickle has changed quite a bit. There is not doubt about it. Before you bust up the rock spine, that rock bridge used to take skill. No I could ride a unicycle across it. Not saying wayway is all like that, just saying I am starting to see Ringwood and sterling tendencies there and it’s my home park. Nothing wrong with the two parks mentioned, just not necessarily needed everywhere. I’m a firm believer iF you can’t ride it, go away, go somewhere else. Return that 9000 dollar bike so other people who have the same bike and can ride can use them as designed.

goldsbar

Get off the bike, remove the cheater rocks and block off the unsanctioned re-routes. It feels like it's impossible to catch these people in the act. I mean, when an entire new unsanctioned trail is built WITH A SIGN right off of the popular red dot and you have a bunch of people claiming ignorance, how are you going to "catch" someone moving a few rocks?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Get off the bike, remove the cheater rocks and block off the unsanctioned re-routes. It feels like it's impossible to catch these people in the act. I mean, when an entire new unsanctioned trail is built WITH A SIGN right off of the popular red dot and you have a bunch of people claiming ignorance, how are you going to "catch" someone moving a few rocks?
Wildlife cameras, which is how the county caught people building illegal trails at baldpate.

trekfan

o
Send the sanitization crew to the picnic area!
Carry in Carry Out, yeah, right! 7AM this morning, a leftover party
View attachment 138975
once again i must ask, where the hell are the rangers? nobody watched them put them up, so of course no one was there to make sure they took them down. wawayanda is like thunderdome. totally unsupervised, no rules. i've seen ppl with beer bottles walking openly along the beach area, ppl engaging in sex in the barbeque area and motorized boats on the lake, and that was all this season. is there any hope that they'd ever maintain the trails?

this was the first year i didn't buy a park pass in probably 10 years. i don't anticipate doing so again. i'm not going to fund this park until i actually start seeing results on my investment. better still, i'll give the park pass money to jorba

sundaydoug

yet it was those same conditions that allowed for the creation some of the best trails at waway

This, plus whatever changes being made aren't significantly altering the way a trail is ridden. In most cases I'd wager that the slight changes tend to improve the ride-ability of a trail. From what I've seen the work being done is more repairing than anything else. It's not like people are brining machines in there and grooming dirt paths through the woods. By and large Wawayanda is, and will in all likelihood continue to be, one of the more "raw" parks to ride in the area.

That's one of the reasons it's awesome.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions