Salsa El Mariachi Singlespeed Hardtail- Medium - SOLD

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
$OLD

2015 Medium El Mariachi size Medium with basically everything replaced except the seatpost collar... Framesheet document attached with the geometry and other info.

29" Wheels, Size Medium. Setup singlespeed but includes the hanger for running it geared. When I would swap back and forth I'd just keep the derailleur/housing/shifter as one piece and just slap it on with zip ties. When swapping back to singlespeed I'd just cut those zip ties and pull off the derailleur/shifter/housing as one piece.

Brand-X Dropper Post w/ Bontrager lever
Carbon Fiber Lefty Fork - 120mm setup at 115mm for tire clearance. Serviced by Mendon Cycle Smith.
Front Wheel - Stan's Arch rim on Lefty hub.
Spare front wheel - Extremely lightweight Crest rim w/ Laser spokes on a Lefty hub.
Rear Wheel - Custom built. Paul Components WORD 32 spoke freewheel hub w/ Monty 135pt freewheel. Lightweight Laser spokes & NoTubes Arch Rim.
Shimano XT Crankset w/ 30T ring
Gearing is 30-18 (Nearly the same ratio as 32-19)
3T Carbon Fiber Handlebar. Carbon-Fiber headset spacers.
Headset bearings changed to Cane Creek 110
Lighter WTB Volt saddle than what it came with
Shimano SLX Hydraulic Brakes w/ Shimano ice-tech rotors.
Shimano SPD pedals

Spares included:
-New Waxed 9sp chain
-Paul Components Word Bolt-On rear hub axle w/ bolts. Currently the hub has the QR axle installed but I was originally running it bolt-on style.
-135QR Alternator sideplate in the rear for a derailleur.
-Even lighter Lefty front wheel w/ Crest Rim as mentioned above
-Hurricane Components Fork-Up adapter to run the Lefty on roof racks. I used this on the QR mount I have installed inside my car.
-Internal Lefty Fork spacers to change the travel.
-Bottle of Stan's Fluid & Spare tube

El_Mariachi_SS_15_34f_1440x960.jpgs1.jpgs2.jpgs3.jpgs4.jpgs5.jpgs6.jpg

Attachments

• 2015_El_Mariachi_Framesheet.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
GLWS, what is replacing it?
I have really no idea.

I'm trying not to have a million bikes, but I'd like another SS Hardtail and also a longer travel bike than my Tallboy...

But I have trouble justifying either of those while I have this one.

I love this bike but I just haven't ridden it much in the past year. I just looked at Strava and it says I ran for 113 hours this year, so that's a big chunk of why...

serviceguy

He's a large. Otherwise I'm sure it would be sold.

This is the nicest color and the one he doesn't have.
Right, I ride a large. Wrong, white is the nicest color, along with the elusive 2016 red. Right again, I don’t have this color and I’m monitoring the market for it, which I would run as a SS from suspension ( the white one is a full rigid). I’be considered a medium for the gravel setup but I’m going to give the large a swirl first, looks big but feels right. GLWTS.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Buy the frame and I'll take everything off of it to sell. :)

I feel like if someone wants to buy this frame without the rear wheel, they don't deserve it. :)

What if that someone already has a $3,000 pair of Zipps for it 🤣

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Oh wait, I forgot the El Mariachi isn't Boost. Do we know if it can swap drops to get 148mm? I know the TJ can go down to 142 if needed.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Never mind. I don’t need the wheels.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh wait, I forgot the El Mariachi isn't Boost. Do we know if it can swap drops to get 148mm? I know the TJ can go down to 142 if needed.
Pretty sure 135/142 only.

This is setup 135. Hub comes with the QR axle and bolt on axle.

Phil WORD hub with a freewheel is probably the strongest hub you can get.

serviceguy

Not boost, but if you don’t mind the chain/seat stays flexing a little a boost hub will fit. I bought a boost wheelset and I only realized it was boost because the front would not fit, but the rear went in with very little effort. @jimvreeland you’re probably the best person to judge if this is safe or not.

Top Bottom