Salsa El Mariachi Single Speed 29er Small Manitou Tower Pro

trailwerks

$1,250.00

This is my wife's (110 pounds) singlespeed Salsa El Mariachi. I purchased as a Salsa El Mariachi 3 with 2x10. I converted to singlespeed for her. She has since decided to just stick with her full suspension bike. Condition is amazing. Some small scuff or scratches as shown in photos but otherwise awesome.

Front fork was put on in Jan 2014 and ridden 3 times since then.

Specs:
Salsa El Mariachi 3 Steel Size Small
Manitou Tower Pro 100mm front Fork (less than 20 miles total)
Avid Elixir 1 brakes
Schwalbe Hans Dampf 29x2.4 front tire (about 60-70% tread)
Specialized Ground Control 29x2.3 rear tire (around 50% tread)
WTB Saddle
Race Face Evolve Crankset
Tires set up tubeless with Stan's Sealent and valves and Gorilla Tape
Chain, Crankset, Chainring have less than 50 Miles

From the manufacture:
WORRY LESS, RIDE MORE

You'd be hard pressed to find a more versatile and functional bike for off-road riding than a hardtail 29er. Make it from steel, and you have a bike that will last very near forever, tackle almost any terrain you can find, and won't dynamite your wallet on the way. The Salsa El Mariachi 3 is just such a bike. Salsa's Kung Fu Cro-Moly tubing is triple-butted to reduce weight without sacrificing strength at the joints, so you never have to worry about cracking the frame at a weak point. Salsa's innovative Alternator dropouts also allow quick-and-easy singlespeed conversionsâ€"whether they're planned, or just a way to get you home after a massive mid-ride mechanical. The Alternators utilize a swing-style design, and are kept in place with the aid of tension bolts, so you don't have to worry about getting both sides right with just bolt -- torque. This swinging style also means that you can tune the ride characteristics of your El Mariachi easily -- keep it in tight for short effective chainstays and quick handling, or move it out to lengthen the chainstays and add stability. El Mariachi, like all Salsa bikes, lends itself to the lengthy and epic, and is an ideal candidate for multi-day backcountry bikepacking. This is not to say, of course, that you can't race it -- El Mariachi eats up short-track XC races just as well as it handles hundred-mile days through the woods.

edit

Last edited:

Blair

can you convert it back to geared or have the parts? and how tall is the wife? what wheelset is on it?

trailwerks

can you convert it back to geared or have the parts? and how tall is the wife? what wheelset is on it?

Sorry. Didn't get notification of post. I still have the oem swinger plates for geared. Don't have the parts. It's the stock salsa wheel set.

Pm me and I'll send photos. It's beautiful.

Blair

I saw the CL ad with pics, what height range is generally associated with this size?

trailwerks

Photos

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1401022430.291286.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1401022430.291286.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 55
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1401022461.109304.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1401022461.109304.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 39
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1401022480.560718.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1401022480.560718.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 36