SALSA Cycles 2009 Pre-Book Buy-in

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
So after wrestling with bringing on a yet another line in a bigger way in this crappy economy I have decided to step up with SALSA cycles for 2009.

Many of you guys have been drooling over some of these bikes so here is a pretty fair ofter:

Let me know what you want in 2009 (frame or complete) and I will discount the 09 msrp by 10%. All I need is a verbal commitment although a small deposit as a token of good faith would be super.

This helps me as i can better forecast my needs for the season.

Outside of a firm commitment I am also interested in what you guys would like me to stock for 09 from Salsa.

Any thoughts???

peas

J

jdog

Shop Keep
So no takers.. Huh.

The state of the economy must be worse than advertised.

That being said I jumped in and bought 5 models:

Fargo
Selma
El Mariachi
Big Mama
Chilli Con Crosso

I am now the only stocking dealer in NJ..

Go figure.

The Kalmyk

If I didn't just bust a huge nut on my last bike I would be all over the Selma...Then again my parts are transferable:hmmm:...I have to check my temperature

jdog

Shop Keep
I would if you dont mind me transferring my down payment, or would you rather have me take the other one off your hands?

Do what works best for you. I am glad I didn't take that other one apart yet.

Glancing Aft

Is Salsa offering full builds on the Selma? And what's the frame's MSRP? I had read rumors but never saw anything affirmative.

jdog

Shop Keep
Is Salsa offering full builds on the Selma? And what's the frame's MSRP? I had read rumors but never saw anything affirmative.

They will only be selling the Selma as a Frame this year at least.

The Msrp is $892.

I rode this frame btw and it is pretty sick. I rode this and the Felt full carbon 29er back to back. The Selma is almost as smooth but way way less expensive.

j-

jdog

Shop Keep
Sweeeeeeeeeet. That is a very different price than what I had previously heard. Lemme do some number crunching and you'll hear from me shortly.

After reading this I got to thinking that I misread the price.. I went back and double checked. I was right on.

Let me know.

j

HumanVise

Are you aware of any more test ride opportunities upcoming on the Selma? My first 29er ride was not the life changing experience everyone is talking about but the Selma's geometry looks more like what I'm after.

jdog

Shop Keep
Are you aware of any more test ride opportunities upcoming on the Selma? My first 29er ride was not the life changing experience everyone is talking about but the Selma's geometry looks more like what I'm after.

That could be tough.. The selma will only come as a frame so a demo is less likely than any of their complete models.

That being said I am pretty sure that this will be a pretty solid seller so a few guys will have them around for sure.

J:

Once I post pics of my Fargo, the trolls and other beings from Middle Earth shall emerge from the forests with bags of gold nuggets (as deposit)... you just wait... Better make sure Salsa carries size XXS...

BB

jdog

Shop Keep
J:

Once I post pics of my Fargo, the trolls and other beings from Middle Earth shall emerge from the forests with bags of gold nuggets (as deposit)... you just wait... Better make sure Salsa carries size XXS...

BB

yeah.. I am going to have to borrow that thing. You might consider those GEAX Saguro tubeless 29er tires I just got. They are insanely fast and grippy.

I am hoping to take the Salsa thing to the next level in 09'.

Top Bottom