SALSA Cycles 2009 Pre-Book Buy-in

THATmanMANNY

does salsa make 650b's?

EDIT: Thought they did but nvm I had them confused with Haro's 650b's coming out. The framework and color look similar to some of the salsas.

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
does salsa make 650b's?

EDIT: Thought they did but nvm I had them confused with Haro's 650b's coming out. The framework and color look similar to some of the salsas.

I am pretty sure that they (Haro) have some 650b bikes ready now. I need to get on one to form an opinion.

Chris who works for me is doing a 650b conversion on his C-dale Rush. (it will fit)

j

THATmanMANNY

...I need to get on one to form an opinion...
I would love to demo :D
Don't forget about us medium sized folks ;)

Is he just doing the 650B up front, or in the rear as well? I've consider this to breathe some fresh life into my rush...

I've read that the tire hits some bolt on brace on the frame and the fr. der. is close but I also read a longer travel shock will allow you to fit 650b on the rear. That's what I recall reading, but I could be wrong :hmmm:

BUT HEY!!! A good amount of the salsas fit 650b's no problem :D

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Is he just doing the 650B up front, or in the rear as well? I've consider this to breathe some fresh life into my rush...

He is doing both on an older Rush (same as yours) without the bridge brace in the swingarm.

I converted my 2007 Salsa Ala Carte to 650B, for use as an all-rounder (for mixed riding on roads, paths, gravel, etc.) Built up a set of Velocity Synergy wheels with XT disc hubs. JeffDawg (J Drobits) designed and built a circuit driver for my Schmidt Nabendynamo generator hub to drive a 3-LED light. This transformed it into "NIGHT ROADSTER", giving me endless light for all-night riding. The 650Bs are an excellent size for road. Also have a set of Pacenti Neo Moto knobbies for pure offroad use.

2344395964_4a74945e78.jpg

I've built up 2 650B bikes... I like the size, but not sure I've found the religion... at least not yet... still few choices in rims and tires. (Besides, Salsa just introduced the Fargo...that's where I'M headin'...)

Peace,
BB

Top Bottom