Saint spd pedals ?

scooter77

Anyone using them? Thoughts? I have standard spd pedals bit have big feet. Wanna feel something under my foot. Are they much bigger than Xt spd pedals?

02camaro

ive been using them for about 5 months, i switched from the xt trail pedals. when riding the have great support and feel very similar to flats. my feet were getting fatigued with the regular xt trails and these solved those issues and great feel. they are built very well and have taken a few hard pedal strikes, built bomb proof. i think they are what you are looking for.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Anyone using them? Thoughts? I have standard spd pedals bit have big feet. Wanna feel something under my foot. Are they much bigger than Xt spd pedals?

I run them on my Nomad. Adjustable pins and ample platform. They are much bigger than trail xt/xtr’s but smaller than a traditional flat pedal. No plans to ever switch to anything else on it. Too heavy for XC but anything else they’re money.

Xler8

I have them. Little torn if they are much better than the standard xt pedal. Yes better, but they for sure feel nothing like a flat. At least not to me. I even got the shoes that were released with the saints. It’s a shimano product so it’s built well. Also have the crank bro mallet e and from a feel perspective I find the CB feels a little bigger under foot than the saint. I’ve been running flats for a while now so all my clip pedals are in a drawer. If you wanna try them out, be my guest...

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I run them on my Nomad. Adjustable pins and ample platform. They are much bigger than trail xt/xtr’s but smaller than a traditional flat pedal. No plans to ever switch to anything else on it. Too heavy for XC but anything else they’re money.
I was about to pull the trigger on the Saint pedals and then saw the weight

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
OOS leader worried about grams on his pedals . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

just sayin . . .
It just didn't make sense for me. Bought a carbon bike, not necessarily for the weight savings but was one of the benefits and then to add it back because of pedals? I just didn't think it was worth it.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It just didn't make sense for me. Bought a carbon bike, not necessarily for the weight savings but was one of the benefits and then to add it back because of pedals? I just didn't think it was worth it.

sooo heres an idea, buy the pedals, shed the grams yourself . . . . :D :D :D

(ok ima go hide now)

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
your already one, worrying about a few grams on your pedals . . .
Not really... don't you have to spend $$? I'm actually keeping my $$ in this case.

Maybe I'm just thinking of one of the implied definition of a weight weenie.

Top Bottom