Saddle squeak

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I seem to have incredibly annoying rail squeak. Cant torque any more. WTB saddle to a KS dropper. Anyone else have this issue. Its definitely saddle because only when seated. Its driving me bonkers.

one piece crank

Not familier with KS dropper or your frame, but my money on seatpost needing a shim. You can try lubing all contact points, one by one from saddle downward, and see if you eliminate it.

Last edited:

jklett

I had a squeak that was driving me nuts, I thought it was coming from the seat too. In my case all it took was cleaning and greasing the seat tube and post and it went away until a bunch of washes later when it needed to be done again.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had a squeak that was driving me nuts, I thought it was coming from the seat too. In my case all it took was cleaning and greasing the seat tube and post and it went away until a bunch of washes later when it needed to be done again.
Post 2
New bike

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
I had a squeak I couldn't get rid of for awhile. New saddle, greased the contact points, nothing. It drove me nuts on the trail so a few weeks ago I decided to take everything apart. Then I saw this little surprise. Everything made sense why it was only squeaking while seated but I'm happy I saw it before I was impaled.
20200603_145713.jpg

jackx

Wood rather have a creak than a squeak. Sounds like it may be time to try a different saddle to see if the squeak goes away. Good luck!!

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
EVERY WTB seat I have owned does this eventually. Too bad they are my favorite MTB seat. I eventualy give in and throw a new one on and start the clock again. Usually takes a few seasons.

Twillso

Same thing with my WTB saddle. I added a little lubricant to where the rail and seat meet and that seems to help.

jdgang

Specialized Phenom on a Thompson dropper. Same story just cant get rid of the squeak.

AL.

Does more trail maintenance than you, without a he
Chap stick the seat rails...yes it works.

Top Bottom