s-lands conditions update for 1/3/09

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
sourlands (early in the morning) are in great shape. other than a couple frozen ruts are on the south-east side of the park which will need to thaw out, the trails are GREAT.

i had an awesome ride this morning there. hit it!

warcricket

Like a Jerk
sourlands (early in the morning) are in great shape. other than a couple frozen ruts are on the south-east side of the park which will need to thaw out, the trails are GREAT.

i had an awesome ride this morning there. hit it!

how to do you think it will hold up later in the day?

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
the sun might get on it a bit in spots, could get a little sloppy, there was still a dusting of snow on most of the trails/rocks... it'll probably be alright-ish. maybe sloppier in the lower areas.

J-Dro

We just finished a ride around noon today. The ground was still frozen but I would expect it will get soft later in the day with the sun beating down.

There is just a dusting of snow so some of the rock features were, shall we say, interesting. Mostly grippy, but every once in a while, your wheel spins out with no warning. Winter riding at its best.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
here's two pics from our ride (it was me and my bro-in-law, crankspanker). we were there pretty early (sunrise).

n1367874356_30211659_1646.jpg

n1367874356_30211658_5665.jpg

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions