ryerson school parking

ebineezer

I typically ride Ringwood out of Lot C....I want to try entering from the school and hit up some trails in that direction, but when I drove past there I didn't see a trailhead. Any help would be great thanks

brian

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
From Greenwood Lake Turnpike, enter Skylands Road. At first intersection (Cupsaw Ave.), make a right and then a quick left onto Blue Mountain Road. Take that about 1/4 mile then make right onto Valley Rd. and quick left up the driveway to the school. Park on the right side. Trail runs next to fence.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Sloatsburg+Rd+%26+Morris+Rd,+Ringwood,+Passaic,+New+Jersey+07456,+United+States&layer=&ie=UTF8&sll=41.135292,-74.239855&sspn=0.058309,0.11673&z=15&ll=41.132108,-74.25921&spn=0.014578,0.043259&om=1

BiknBen

I typically ride Ringwood out of Lot C....I want to try entering from the school and hit up some trails in that direction, but when I drove past there I didn't see a trailhead. Any help would be great thanks

brian

Upon entering the school lot. Park along the fence on the right. Then go around the end of the fence (towards the front of the school). Then follow the outside of the fence back behind the school. You will see tracks.

RyersonSmall.jpg

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
From Greenwood Lake Turnpike, enter Skylands Road. At first intersection (Cupsaw Ave.), make a right and then a quick left onto Blue Mountain Road. Take that about 1/4 mile then make right onto Valley Rd. and quick left up the driveway to the school. Park on the right side. Trail runs next to fence.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Sloatsburg+Rd+%26+Morris+Rd,+Ringwood,+Passaic,+New+Jersey+07456,+United+States&layer=&ie=UTF8&sll=41.135292,-74.239855&sspn=0.058309,0.11673&z=15&ll=41.132108,-74.25921&spn=0.014578,0.043259&om=1

This coordinate seems to be wrong for the school parking lot. Here are the correct ones:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...769,-74.245897&spn=0.013662,0.015986&t=h&z=16

cretin

whats the parking rule during school hours? allowed? Not allowed? After what time can I park there?

My kid attended that school. I spent many an evening riding (the old) Schoolhouse Trail while he was doing some school activity.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding parking during school hours, but you may want to park in the northwest corner of the lot.

Alternatively, you can park at the nearby tennis courts on Skylands Ave, just before the back gate into the park, or to get on some seldom-ridden trails, park on Valley Road near Longview Lane and enter the trails there.

Last edited:

Glancing Aft

Alternatively, you can park at the nearby tennis courts on Skylands Ave, just before the back gate into the park, or to get on some seldom-ridden trails, park on Valley Road near Longview Lane and enter the trails there.

There are no trails worth riding there :rolleyes:

freeride

When school is in session after 4 pm. Ryerson is ideal for nights and week ends. 1st time in ringwood I parked at the ball field on sloatsburg and margaret king. Nice climb up morris to shepherd lake. You can get ringwood manner govenors or even sf from there

I hope to be near ringwood Sunday hopefully the weather holds out. I think before memorial day parking at shepherds lake is free. Ny and nj offer season parking permits if you frequent state parks the value is there:popcorn:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions