RV trail access

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I want to ride RV tomorrow at 7:00am but the park doesn't open until 8. Does anyone know if the trail from the Cushetunk parking lot (the lot on Old Mountain Road outside of the park) is open yet? I know it's closed for eagle nesting a good portion of the year. If not, can anyone tell me where to pick up the trail if I want to do the loop around the resevoir - through the park and then back around on the road in a clockwise direction. I have only done this in the opposite counterclockwise direction, road first the through the park starting at the ranger station, I came out at the power lines and I can't remember where I ended up coming out at.
Or if anyone would like to meet up and show me that would be even better.

You can access the park from Cushetunk all year round. Only some of those trails are closed seasonally. From that parking lot, go around the gate and towards the power lines. About 50 feet in duck in to the woods to the right. At the first intersection go right, quick left. End of that go right and then up up up. You'll walk a lot of this. At the top go down and that brings you to the trail closure sign.

Or you can park outside the front gate at the Nature Preserve on Sand Hill Rd about a half mile from the main entrance.

thanks norm
directions were perfect, i don't know how i missed the trail before, it was obvious once i did it. now i know those hills kick ass no matter what direction you take them.

Yeah those hills are rough no matter what your direction is. Glad it worked out! I prefer to start outside the main gate because I hate to start a ride with that huge hill.

Back
Top Bottom